Impressing Brains

Here's the long awaited next chapter! Enjoy!! 😁💕💕
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abbreviations
(Y/n) - Your Name
(S/N) - Sibling's Name
(H/C) - Hair Color
(F/N) - Father's Name
(E/C) - Eye Color
(L/N) - Last Name
~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lars stood at my door; I had totally forgotten I was going to meet him tonight.

"I'm so sorry, it must have slipped my mind. You have a lot of brothers to keep track of."

Lars chuckles softly at my comment. "Yes, 13 brothers in total is a lot to handle for some."

"I'm sure you've learned how to handle it all." I giggle softly with him.

"I handle it the best I can." Lars calms his laughter going back to his composed self.

I nod. "I'm sure you do." I realized I should get back to the task at hand. "But, I know you didn't just come here for some friendly chat. You wanted us to meet, what about?"

"Well Miss (Y/N), as you might have guessed, we don't get many visitors here. Last time we had one was about 3 years ago when the princess from another kingdom in the South was offered to marry Adam."

"Oh, I see." Wow, they really didn't get many guests.

Lars nods. "You also seem to be a woman of knowledge. I was wondering if I could get your opinion on a few things."

I was surprised to hear that. Lars wanted to know my opinions on things, why? Women, in most kingdoms, had little say and were looked on as nothing even though they had just as many thoughts, maybe even better ones, then the men of the kingdom. "Are you sure you want to hear what I have to say? You know I'm not going to hold back too much."

"That's exactly why I want yours. Now, come on." Lars holds out his arm to me.

I smile softly taking his arm as we walk out of my room. I close the door behind us then Lars leads me back to his room which is more of his study then anything. He opens the door for me as I walk inside. It was just the same as it had been when I first looked inside, but there looked to be a large map laid out on the table with small stones on a few places, I'd assume to mark locations he found important. What those locations had that made them so important, I don't know yet.

"So, what would you like to start with Lars?" I turn looking back at him.

Lars makes his way past me and over to the table with the large map. "Look at this, tell me what you see."

I nod and walk over to the table. I look down at the large map. Now that I was closer, I could see rivers, ponds, mountains, ravines, villages, farms, and many other things. I saw one of the small stones placed on a farm about 15 miles from the castle. Another stone was placed on mørkets skog, also known as the forest of darkness. What could be going on there?

I looked around the map more and noticed a few villages with stones on them as well as a river that led out into the ocean. I was trying to make sense of each stone and what it meant to the rest of them. Then it clicked, it was a transportation route. The route started at the farm not far from the castle then you'd follow the path through mørkets skog and to the different villages to deliver the crops. What I still didn't understand was why Lars wanted me to look at the map like this.

I looked back at Lars for a moment; he had an intense, but patient gaze watching me work. He must have been curious as to what I was thinking. I focused back on the map trying to come up with an answer. What could be the reason that this transportation of crops was marked on the map? Well, mørkets skog is called the forest of darkness for a reason. Maybe a group of bandits is on the loose and is stealing from carts of crops preventing the deliveries to be made to the villages. That would make sense as to why they have the trail marked out.

I look back to Lars with a knowing smirk on my lips. " I've figured it out."

"Have you now?" Lars raises his eyebrow slightly.

I nod. "Well, to start off you have a delivery route marked out from a farm not far from here to the villages in the kingdom. They pass through mørkets skog which makes me believe that there must be something going on in the forest because you wouldn't just have a random path marked out for no reason. From that conclusion, I believe that there must be some group of bandits or something of that nature in the forest stealing the crops meant for the villages. You have it marked out on the map because you're trying to find a solution to stop the bandits. Am I right?"

Lars smirks softly. "You are very knowledgeable Miss (Y/N)."

"I'm glad you think so Lars. I just tried to connect the information I knew and that's what I came up with." I smile softly.

"Well, there's many people, women and men included that can't do what you just did. You're extraordinary." Lars seems a bit astonished in my way of thinking. This must have been a really big deal to him.

I nod to him as my smile grows. "Thank you, but I'm just doing what I do. It's normal for me to think like this back home."

"Where was it you said you are from?" Lars asks.

I hold up my finger to stop Lars for a moment. I made my way over to his large map on the wall which was of Europe and the nearby countries. I pointed to where my town was on the map. Lars walked over to my side and looked at where I was pointing.

"Ahhh, near Gothenburg I see. Sweden, is it as beautiful as I've heard?" Lars asks looking to me

I shrug. "It's alright, it has it's beauties for sure, but not all of it is that way."

Just like society, there is beauty and good, but there is also evil and darkness. I just hope I can save this family from falling into a spiral of darkness. None of them, not even Daniel or the king, deserve that.