The beginning of change

Kelley's POV

I woke up around 7:00. I couldn't get out of bed, so I just sat down. I checked my e-mails and my networks. I saw that Jill had called everybody in around 10:00 to talk about the challenge, but this time I was in the group. I don't know why, but something big was about to come my way.

I put my phone down and lay down. The memories of yesterday came back like a boomerang: the challenge, my speech, the reunion, the dinner with the girls, the reconciliation with Tobin, the famous card, the feeling of being watched...

I'm being dragged out of my thoughts by someone knocking on my door. I got up and opened it. No one knocked. Just a bouquet of flowers at my feet. I picked it up and looked out into the hallway. No one was there. I went back to my room. I heard a thud under my feet, and I saw a map, which I picked up. It must have been slipped under my door. I sat down on my bed and read it.

"I asked for your room number at the front desk. Today is a new beginning in your life. Have a good day, sweetheart. Love you."

This is getting more and more intriguing to me. I put the card in my suitcase, and get dressed for lunch.While I was drinking my coffee, I thought about this person who really seemed to love me. I figured I'd talk to Tobin or Amy, since I don't want to talk to Alex and Christen right now. Maybe I'll forgive them someday.I felt a little bit sorry for getting so close to Tobin so quickly compared to Alex. But after all, she didn't wait until I woke up to go out with Christen. And it didn't seem to bother Christen either. So, um... (clears throat)I went back up to my room to get ready for the meeting. I put on jean shorts and my USA VS EVERYBODY sweater. I think it's a good context for it.I looked at myself in the bedroom mirror. I hope I look about presentable.

 I hope I look about presentable

9h45.

I'm on my way to the meeting. Jill was waiting for me at the door. Apparently she wanted to talk to me before anyone else.

Jill: "Hi, Kelley. How are you feeling?"
K: "A little lost, but I've found my family. What's going on, coach?"

Jill smiles at me.

Jill : "did you see what happened yesterday? The fight?" I nodded. "We both know this team can't win without taking a step back. So I agree with you, we need the help of outsiders. I know you've been through a lot in your time, but I'd like to know if you have any suggestions on how we can win."
K: "To be honest, I already thought about it last night. And I think I know how to do it. But it involves the whole team going in the same direction and trusting me."
Jill: "I'll try to be supportive. Can you give me an outline of your idea?"

I gave her a quick outline of my plan. Jill seemed excited but also worried.

Jill : "Just to be clear, we don't have a budget. So we can't afford to pay certain clubs or certain players."
K: "I've been thinking about that too. Don't worry, coach."
Jill: All right, Kelley. I'm trusting you."

I walked into the room and said hello to all the girls except Alex and Christen. They didn't seem angry, just very sad. Especially when they saw Tobin hugging me. I pulled Tobin, Amy and Ashlyn aside.

Ash: "Something wrong Kelley?" Ash asked worriedly.
K: "I want to talk to you about something, about the cards. They remind me of someone. Only one person loved me that way."
Ash: "No Kelley, do you really think it's her?"
K: "She's the only one who knows me that well and can worry about me that way."

Tobin opened his eyes. "Who?"
Amy: "Let her talk, Tobs!"
K: "I think it's-"I was cut off by Jill, who asked us to sit down.

I could hear the girls grunting in frustration.

Jill :  "Hello, everybody! Today, I have gathered you together so that we know how we are going to organize ourselves to prepare for the meeting. We need some kind of plan.

"The team started to tear apart again and everyone was giving their opinion

Jill sighed and pounded her fist on the desk. Everybody sits down. 

Jill : "Kelley, can you come over here and tell us what you have in mind."Everybody turned to me and watched me walk to the podium.
K: "Good morning to you. Yesterday we agreed to call for foreign aid, so we need to stay the course."

Perplexed looks fell on me. I felt a small moment of panic, but Jill gave me a sign of encouragement.

Carli spoke up to support me, "Go ahead, Kelley, we're listening."

K: "So, I've been thinking about it and I think we need an all-female team, players and coach included."
Megan's like, "What else? That's obvious, we're not going to let one man take the credit for our win."
T: "Let her talk, Megan!"
K: Thank you, Tobin. To continue what I was saying, we need five coaches!"

Their eyes widened and I saw mouths wide open...