Explications

Kelley's POV

I'd been lying on top of Hope for 20 minutes, when someone knocked on our door. Hope went to open it.

H: "Oh! What are you doing here?"?? H: "I came to see Kelley."

That voice...

K. "Come in, Tobin."

Hope reluctantly stepped aside.

K: "Why did you want to see me? Aren't you with Laure?"H: "She dumped you, so now you're here to see Kelley?"K: "Hope!"T: "I didn't ask you!"

Well, well... That's a good start...

H: "I'm gonna go see Jill, call me if you need me," she said, staring at Tobin.

She slammed the door and walked out.

K: "Well? What's this all about?"T: "I'm sorry I didn't go with you to see Andrine and Eriksson."K: "That's all right. Laure needed you. And then I was with Hope."

She clenched her fists when I said that, which made me frown.

K: "Do you want to call the girls and give them an update?"T: "Good idea."

I grabbed my computer and signed up for Skype. Tobin laid down next to me and put his head on my shoulder.

Allie, Ash, Ali, Julie, Amy, Alex and Christen answered.

K+T: "Hi, girls!"

Everybody says, "Hi, girls."

Ash said, "So where are you at, boss?" Ash teased me.

K: "We've almost managed to convince all the players that I had retained. Only Harder and Van de Sanden are missing, but we're waiting for the end of the Euro."Ali: "How are Louisa, Laure and Lotta?"T: "They are true to themselves. They'll do a good job."Allie: "Let's hope Hope doesn't make a scandal..."Ash: "Kelley will put her in her place."

I could feel Tobin stiffening his grip on me. I changed the subject.

K: "What else is new with the Sherlocks? Julie, you told me you had a lead."J: "Yeah, I do. But I'd like to get to the bottom of it before I talk about it."Ali: "Like! Do you know who the savior and secret lover is?"J's like, "no, no. I'm just having second thoughts about who saved Kelley. I'm not saying anything yet, but I think pretty soon I'm gonna know for sure who she is."

Awkward little moment of silence.

Amy: "If it wasn't for Kelley and Tobin, wouldn't you have something to tell us?"K-plus-T: "What?" we say at the same time.Amy: "A little clue?"

She formed a heart with her fingers pointing at me, then a second one pointing at Tobin. The girls opened their shocked mouths.

T: "No no! We're not together!"Amy: "That's not what I meant."Allie: "Well, we feel left out now!"Amy: "Well, it looks to me like our squirrel and our Toby are back in love."Ash: "What?"

I'm cut off by Tobin coming back to my room.

T: "Kelley?"K: "Yes?"T: "Do you mind if I borrow a shirt? I stained mine at lunch..."K: "Doesn't Laure have one?"T: "Yes, but I don't really want to walk around in a 'France' T-shirt and besides she's not the same size as me."K: "Oh okay. Go ahead and help yourself."T: "Thank you."

Tobin turned to take his shirt off, and I couldn't look at anything but his muscular back. I feel like I'm blushing and I don't know why, but it felt like she did it on purpose. Laure and I are about the same size.

A: "Kelley, are you blushing or am I dreaming?"

Her remark made me blush even more...

K: "Uh, I- I mean that- Uh..." I stuttered like shit. "Well, I gotta go. Bye." I said, turning off Skype and my computer.

Tobin turned to me and smiled.

T: "Did you like the view?"K: "I-I'm sorry, Tobin."T: "We're both even."K. "What do you mean?"T: "You looked very pretty just with a towel, too," she winked at me.

The memory of that awkward moment resurfaced, and we both started laughing.We walked out of the room and she went to her room.

As I walked towards Jill's room where Hope was already, I couldn't get the image of Tobin out of my mind and my heart quickened.

I'm starting to doubt how I feel, but how could it be possible? Tobin is dating Laure and she seems very happy. Just a minute. Why am I jealous?

Why is love so complicated?