Family time

Kelley's POV

The twins are now three years old. We celebrated their birthday a few days ago. I transferred from Utah to Portland and moved in with Tobin permanently.

Julie, Alex and Amy come whenever they can. And the girls from the All Stars come to visit sometimes. Tobin is always happy to see Laure and I'm always happy to spend time with Hope and Andrine.

Erin especially helps us at practices and games on the weekends. Tobin served his suspension game, which allowed him to stay home and take care of the babies.

I have to admit that my wife is a wonderful mom. Except for the diapers... Half the time they're upside down.

I'm in the kitchen making dinner with Erin when I hear a cry for help coming from upstairs.

Erin and I rush into the bathroom and find Tobin looking at his scared and disgusted hand.

K: "Tobin? Is everything OK?"

Tobin turned to us and pointed her hand before opening her mouth.

T: "Poop..."

I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help but laugh at the look on her face.

Erin: "My God... And you married her?"
K: "Apparently..." I laughed. "Now I have to take care of three babies..."

Erin entered the room and pushed Tobin aside to change Aden's diaper.

Suddenly there was a sound of glass in the living room.

K: "Damn it! Skye!" I said as I ran into our living room.

A vase was on the floor, broken into a thousand pieces and my daughter was running around the sofa with her soccer ball.

K: "Give me that football," I ordered.

I didn't have time to move and my daughter made a little bridge for me. And I was definitely not ready.

I didn't realize what had just happened until Erin laughed herself to death and appeared on the doorstep holding Aden.

K: "Erin. What just happened there?"
Erin: "I think a two-year-old girl just humiliated the world's greatest right defender. Yeah, your daughter just gave you a little bridge."

Erin put Aden down on the couch and went to get the broom to pick up the shards of glass.

K: "Skye, come here! Give me that ball!"

My daughter shyly approached me.

S: "Sorry about the vase, Mom."
K: "Don't worry. But where did you learn to kick the ball like that?"
S: "Mamoune showed it to me and she said I could practice on you."

K: "TOBIN POWELL HEATH! Come down right now!" I shouted.

T: "What's going on?"
K: "What's going on is your daughter just did a little bridge for me and I wasn't expecting it!"
T: "Is that true?" she asked our daughter with a smile on her face.
S: "Yes! Right between the legs like you showed me," she said proudly.
T: "High five The Heath reign goes on! I'm proud of you!"

K: "Well, we'll see if you're still proud of your daughter when you sleep on the couch tonight."

Erin laughs at Tobin's face.

S: "Mommy can I sleep in your bed tonight since mommy's not sleeping with you?"
K: "Do you want to sleep with a squirrel?"
S: "Yes!"
A: "I want to sleep with you too!" Aden shouted.
K: "Then the three of us will sleep in my bed."

"Yes," Aden and Skye shouted at the same time as Tobin sulked in the middle of the living room."

T: "That's not fair..."

K: "Don't bitch at Heath or you'll be sleeping on the couch for two nights!"
T: "I didn't say nothing!"
K: "I'd rather."

Erin laughed at our domestic scene and kissed Aden and Skye and Tobin and me before she went home.

"Ding."

K: "Ah! Everyone, the stuffed zucchini are ready!"

The children climbed up on their little chairs and Tobin helped me serve the plates.

T: "That's great, baby."
K: "Thank you, Toby. But you're still sleeping on the couch tonight."

A: "Yeah, you always have to sleep on the couch, Toby. I want to sleep with mommy tonight."
S: "Me too!"

My wife gave them both a glare and they both went back to their zucchini.

After dinner was over, Tobin took the twins to their pajamas while I cleaned and tidied up the kitchen. They came back downstairs fifteen minutes later.

A: "Mommy, mommy! Can we watch the match between godmother Alex and godmother Julie?"

Aden asked, wearing his mini Orlando jersey with Alex's name on the back.

T: "Let's go to the couch."
A: "I'm sure Aunt Alex will win!"
S: "No way! Aunt Julie's gonna win!"

She was wearing her Aunt Julie's Chicago jersey.

A: "Alex, Amy and Julie are the best players in the world!" He looked at Tobin and then at me confused. "Uh, I mean after you two!"

Tobin and I raised an eyebrow at the same time.

S: "Mommy's the best in the world!"
T: "What about me?"
S: "Kelley's better!" she said, sticking her tongue out.
T: "Well, I'm not gonna argue with you, 'cause I don't want to sleep any more nights away from my wife."
K: "That's a good answer, baby."

The game started, and by halftime Chicago was leading 1-0. Julie had scored and Skye was jumping all over the place. She wears me out...

The twins fell asleep in the second half so I carried them into bed.

T: "My kids are stealing my wife."
K: "If you're good, you'll have plenty of time tomorrow." I winked at her.
T: "Yeah?"
K: "Yes."
T: "You know what?"
K: "No what?"
T: "The couch is more comfortable than you'd think." she says with a gentle smile."

K: "Good night, baby."
T: "Good night, squirrel.

She kissed me quickly and I climbed up with my kids on my shoulders.