Birth

Jump in time: 9th month of pregnancy

Kelley's POV

K: "I don't know how Tobin puts up with me... Even I couldn't stand myself sometimes... I feel like salt in my coffee."
Erin: "Excuse me?"

She looked at me go to get salt and put it in my cup. She stuck out her tongue in disgust and enjoyed her coffee.

Erin: "How's Tobin handling the impending arrival of the mini O'Hara?"
K: "Pretty well. She prepared the babies' room and bought a lot of stuff for them. She even bought some squirrel stuffed animals!"

Erin: "That was for you, Kelley." she says, laughing.
K: "Gnagnagna!"

I pouted and took a sip of my salt coffee.

K: "She spends her free time next to me and often puts her head on my belly. I can't wait to find out how she has no authority over them."
Erin: "Well, they'll be biologically your children. And mom said you were a hell of a kid. You couldn't get dressed, you wouldn't let go of your ball!"
K: "He's my best friend!" I started crying. "Damn hormones!"
Erin: "Alala."
K: "Anyway, I don't know if it's my hormones or desire, but Tobin's a beast in bed!"
Erin: "Oh, my God! I don't want to hear about this!"

The doorbell rang while I was laughing.

K: "Erin, can you get the door, please ? My butt is stuck in the sofa..."

Erin got up but took a picture of me before she opened the door.

K: "Erin, you bitch!"
J: "Wow! What's going on here," said Julie as she entered the living room.
K: "Well, as you can see, my ass is stuck in the couch and I can't get out."

Erin and Julie looked at each other and laughed.

Erin: "Something you wanted to tell us, Julie? Not that I don't enjoy your company."
J: "Well, yeah, I wanted to tell Kelley about her secret love."
K: "Do you know who that is?" I said as Erin sat down next to me.

Julie helped me get my wives out of the hole and also sat on the couch.

K: "Then you know who this is?"
J: "Do you get cards every day?"
K: "Yes. Except for a little while, but otherwise yes."
J: "From when?"
K: "February, I think. But why?"

Julie looked at Erin, who understood immediately.

K: "Uh ahoy ahoy! Captain abandoned? I'm still here!"

Julie sighed and stared at me.

J: "When were the attack in Portland ?"
K: "Feb-... OH MY GOD!" I said as I got up.

Julie nodded her head as my eyes widened.

I was so shocked when Erin yelled, "Kelley!"

K. "What?"

Julie pointed to the floor. I looked down and my mouth opened.

I hadn't noticed that my water had broken. The first contractions felt and bent me in half.

Erin: "Julie runs upstairs to get some things! I'll call an ambulance!"

Julie ran upstairs and Erin called the ambulance.

She arrived about 20 minutes later and took me to the maternity ward.

K: "Erin please don't leave me! Julie, can you go get Tobin? She's at practice."

Julie nodded her head and rushed back to her car to pick up Tobin.

More contractions. I feel like my bones are being broken into a thousand pieces...

Tobin's POV

"Cool break!" yelled the coach.

I'm more than happy to stop sprinting. As I approach my stuff to get my bottle, I see a car coming like a racing car in the parking lot. The squeal of the tires made everyone's head spin.

The driver got out and I saw that it was Julie, totally distraught. I walked up to her and asked her:

"Julie? What are you doing here?"
J : "Tobin, get your stuff and get up here right now!"
T: "Why? What's going on, man? What's going on?"
J: "Kelley's having a baby! Her water broke about an hour ago and she sent me to get you! So move your ass!"

My eyes are widening and I'm picking up my stuff in a hurry. I'm about to run out to meet Julie, but my coach won't let me.

T: "Coach, I got to go! Get off my ass!"
Coach: "There's no way you're leaving practice! We got a game against Orlando and we need you!"
Lindsey: "Let her go!"
Coach: "I'm not gonna jeopardize Portland by letting my best player go!"
T: "Are you kidding me?! My wife's in labor and you want me to stay?"
Coach: "Your wife can manage without you!"
T: "So can the team! Just 'cause I miss one practice doesn't mean I can't play!"
Coach: "Then pick one! Football or your wife!"
T: "I choose my family!"
Coach: "Tobin Heath! You're staying right here! She may be your wife, but she's their biological mother! They're not your kids!"

My blood only goes around and I throw my fist in his jaw.

He tried to fight back but was held back by the girls.

Lindsey: "Go Tobin! Go find Kelley, she needs you!"
Emily: "Go, we'll take care of this asshole!"

I nodded my head and ran to the car, grabbing a totally shocked Julie in the process.

While she's driving to the maternity ward, I call Erin to check on Kelley.

T: "Erin! How's she doing?"
Erin: "They took her to the birthing suite. The doctors are with her and they said the babies are fine. She won't need a C-section and she'll be able to give birth through a vaginal delivery. But she's in terrible pain."

As she says this, I can hear my wife's screaming and crying in the background.

Erin: "The contractions are getting closer and closer, but she wants to talk to you."
T: "Put her on."

I waited a few seconds and then I heard my wife's voice.

K: "Tobin !! Where are you?"
T: "I'm on my way. I'm having a little problem with the coach, but it doesn't matter where we are on the way."
K: "Baby, I need you."T: "I'll be there soon, love!"

Next thing I know, I hear the phone drop and Kelley screaming in pain.

T: "Julie please step on it."

She hit the gas.

T: "Sorry about your phone, Erin."

Erin: "I'm more worried about my sister than I am about my phone, Tobin. Hurry up!"

She hung up.

Julie saw the look on my face.

J: "It's okay Tobin. You and Kelley will be perfect moms."

I smiled and she took my hand.

I sent a message to the team group.

T: "We're becoming mommies!"