Difficult months

Kelley's POV

It's been almost two months since Tobin woke up and got out of the hospital. My life hasn't been the same. My fiancée doesn't remember me. At least this way.

Tobin thinks she's still dating Alex. She doesn't understand why Alex pushes her away and goes after him.

Alex and Christen are trying to get her memory back, but to no avail. I even called Laure to the rescue but it was a very bad idea for me... Tobin remembered his whole relationship with Laure...

My heart breaks every time I see my fiancée trying to seduce Alex... She doesn't remember anything about us.

Erin and Julie support me as much as they can, but I'm a big mess now. Training with the National Team is like a civil war... My workouts are a mess. Jill knows what's going on and she's not benching me for practice games.

I'm doing everything I can to win back the love of my life, but everything I do is hitting the wall. She's deaf to all my calls and I'm emotionally exhausted. And the worst part? She came to blame me.

Flashback

T: "O'Hara! I need to talk to you."

She pulls me out of the locker room and looks at me furiously.

T: "I want to know why are you still chasing me?"
K: "Because, even if you don't remember, we're engaged."
T: "You and me? No impossible!" she shouted as my heart stopped crying.
K: "Yes. You left Alex and you saved me in the parking lot. Then you told me you loved me."T: "I don't love you! I couldn't save you because I don't love you!"
K: "If you love me! And I love you too."
T: "Listen to me!"
K: "Tobin..."
T: "You mean nothing to me. You're nobody to me. Look at you! Who could be in love with you? You're an asshole on defense! Ash and Alyssa need to do their job and yours. I don't understand why you're still on the National Team. I don't like you, O'Hara! Do you hear me? The only one I love is Alex. And even if she pushes me away, I know I'll get the woman I love back. So now get off my back, O'Hara!"

She turned around and left me standing there. Her words echoed in my head. How could she say that?

J: "Kelley, are you okay? I heard what Tobin said to you."
K. "Why ... Julie. Why?"
J: "She doesn't mean it..."
K: "Of course she does, otherwise she wouldn't have said it."
J: "Kelley, as hard as Tobin's words are, you need to take a step back. I know this is hard for you, and I completely understand that. But Kelley... Tobin has no recollection of breaking up with Alex and she doesn't even realize it."
K: "You told me feelings were the strongest thing."
J: "Yes, and I still believe that. But unfortunately, it's not always an exact science."

I put my face in my hands as I fell to my knees...

End of flashback

Since that day my life has no meaning. I spend my days in my room and train alone... Alex and Julie sometimes bring me food...

The World Cup is coming up and the team is even more disbanded than when it was officially disbanded.

Tobin's POV

I've been trying for weeks to get my memory back... Alex and the others have been trying to help me by talking to me and showing me pictures but nothing comes.

And ever since the day I went to tell Kelley the truth, I've been living a nightmare. My teammates gave me a whole lecture and I have to admit that afterwards I feel bad for Kelley.

I still don't know why I said all those mean things to her... I guess I was mad at the whole world and I took it out on her. She doesn't deserve that. Kelley's a great player... I've tried to apologize a few times, but I'm only making it worse.

Laure told me that Kelley stayed in her room and had individual practices with Jill... I feel so ridiculous one month before the World Cup...

I decide to go see her in her room and make things right. For our team and for our country.