What do you believe in?

Kelley's POV

August 4th. Today is my birthday. The entire All Stars team stayed to celebrate with me and even Erin joined us in Dallas. All day long, I was spoiled by everyone. One more card wishing me a happy birthday. Tobin saw it and did more than just pout, I must say. My sponsors sent me football equipment, Erin gave me an alarm clock saying I was never on time, Alex gave me a gift of a stuffed squirrel, Louisa gave me an album of us over the past few months, Laure an album of Tobin and me. And Tobin... She gave me the best orgasm when I woke up.

She's very, very, very good !

I was in my room sleeping it off and calming the unicorns in my head, when Julie knocked on my door.

J: "Dress up and properly please. We still have a surprise for you."
K: "Again?"
J: "A special surprise, Captain."
K: "Okay. I'll be there in 10 minutes. Can you please wait for me outside?"

Julie went outside and I went to get my things. At least that's what I thought. My head and my body had a little... Conflict. Julie reappeared before me laughing, seeing me lying on the floor.

J: "Squirrel, this is no time to play!"
K: "I'm not playing, I fell down!"
J: "You've always had two left feet!"

I'm pouting and Julie responds by sticking out her tongue.

She helped me get dressed and put makeup on for the captain's special night. She took me to her car and got behind the wheel. She stopped in front of a building that was supposed to be a party hall.

I obviously stumbled out of the car.

J: "Definitely Kelley..." she said as she let me in.

The party's going to be looooooooooooooooooooooong... And I wanted to sleep... In Tobin's arms.

All the girls are here. Jill walks up to me.

Jill: "I'm so proud of you, Kelley. For all that you've accomplished," she says in my ear as she hugs me. "As you can imagine, we still have a surprise for you."

Julie came up behind me and blindfolded me. I hate it, but I trust her.

She guides me out, while the others follow. I can feel the night wind blowing on my skin. It's nice and very relaxing.

Jill: "Do you know what day it is, Kelley?"
K: "That question! We are the best day of the year! The day a goddess is born!"

I can hear everyone laughing next to me.

Ashlyn: "If you are a goddess then you would be the goddess of beer! Or squirrels!"
Mal: "I never understood how you could love those critters..."
K: "Mal you're lucky I'm blindfolded, otherwise I'll kick your ass!"

The moment I said those words, I got a slight kick in the ass.

K: "Bad you just freed the squirrel! Expect revenge!"

Julie made me turn around to get behind me again.

J: "Kelley."
K: "Yes?"
J: "What do you believe in?"
K. "Beer and squirrels!"
J: "Kelley..."
K. "What? Was that a real question?"

Julie sighed on my neck.

K: "Well... I believe in a lot of things... I believe in football, in friendship, in love. I believe in my team and my family."J: "What do you believe in, Kelley?"
K: "I have faith in God, Julie. And I believe in my stars."
J: "I do... Go on."
K: "I believe in heaven and destiny."
J: "Do you believe in heaven, Kelley?"
K: "Yes, but what's your point?"

I hear firecrackers all around me, then explosions in the sky. I instinctively look up and Julie takes off my blindfold.

What I read in the starry sky makes my jaw drop: "Marry me Squirrel."

I quickly turn around to ask Julie for an explanation, but it wasn't Julie in front of me anymore.Tobin was on his knees holding a velvet box. A loving but worried smile was pressed against his face.

Julie, Amy, Alex and Hope were standing behind her, each holding a rose.

No sound came out of my mouth, so Tobin spoke.

T: "Kelley, I've never been very good at speeches. I'm not the most delicate person on earth or the smartest. Nor am I the most beautiful person in the world. I know my jokes aren't always funny and I often put you on the spot. But I feel like I belong when I'm in your arms. I know we didn't get off to a good start together, and it took a near-death experience for us to realize that we were meant to be together. I know that a part of your heart will always belong to Hope and I don't intend to change that. I won't be your first love, but I want to be your last. Kelley, I love you and when I look at you I see my future. I'm gonna be better for you and our future family. And I'll do everything I can to make sure you're completely fulfilled. I want you to be mine and I want everyone to know that. So I'm asking you officially. Captain of the All Stars. Kicking the president's ass. Kelley Maureen O'Hara, will you marry me?"

Tobin looked at me with eyes are in love that I've lost my Latin.

K: "Agagagueuga."

H: "Kelley, this is no time for stuttering!"

K: "Tobin Powell Heath, I accept with all my heart to become your wife."

Her smile widened even more and Tobin put the ring around my finger. She stood up and placed the sweetest kiss on my lips.

Ali: "You see Ash! This is how you propose!"
Ashlyn: "Thank you Tobin... You just got me in trouble!"

Everybody laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed before they came to congratulate us.

Laure and Hope were thrilled and had accepted the fact, that they were only passing moments in our lives, even if they still matter a lot.

Alex hugged me and cried on my shoulder. I must admit I missed her.

Christen was the last one to come and see me. I could see in her eyes that she didn't know whether to hug me or hold me. Alex and Tobin pushed us towards each other. In the other would be more the expression.

A congratulatory hug doesn't hurt anyone, even if I quickly walk away from her and return to Tobin's arms.

T: "All right, who wants a drink? That's my turn," Tobin shouts to break the uncomfortable silence.

The girls rush to the bar while Tobin and I watch them fight for their pint.

She kisses me again and we join the others. Julie jumps on my back half drunk while Morgan tries to call her to order but fails miserably.

Around 2:00 a.m., we return to the hotel.

I'm going to have a good night  ;)