C H A P T E R 15

Harvey's POV,

What does he mean by make it work? Is he referring to dating or something?

I really don't have time for dating but still Luke is a total hottie and there's something about him that makes me to want to stay with him forever.

"Alright then, I'll drop you off at home." I followed Luke back to his car. He opened the door for me like a gentleman and I got into the car.

Now that I think about it, I know nothing about Dean's company and even his cousins that run the company. I'll pay a visit sometime later.

"Thank you for today Luke, I had a wonderful time" I said as I came out of the car.

"No, I should be the one thanking you for making it today" Luke smiled at me and I waved at him as he drove away from my sight.

I was on my way into the house when I came face to face with Dean. He was leaning on the door frame of the front door. He was looking at me like a detective while taking a bite from his strawberry.

He looked so tempting right now that if he wasn't sick, I don't know what I would have done already.

"And where are you coming from Miss Harvey?" I swallowed a ball of saliva as I cracked my head thinking of what possible thing to tell him.

"Um..um..I was running an errand for a friend" He looked at me from head to toe.

"Dressed like that for the entire day? So tell me, the car that just left, was that your "friend" who you were running an errand for or your date"

"Listen now Dean, go in and finish up your meal and stop interviewing poor Harvey" Gina came out from the house and saved me. I've never been more grateful for Gina than now.

She winked at me and gave me the "I know you went on a date" look. I smiled at her and went into the house. 

I went straight to my room and sat on my bed. I pulled out my journal and circled today's date and tagged it as my first real date. I kept on thinking about what Luke said and I realized that I'm a very strange lady.

I watched all of my friends fall in love, date guys and break up but I never fell in love or found anyone worthy of my feelings. I thought that it was just a phase and I'd get over it soon but who was I kidding?

I am twenty three years old and I have never been in love. I have two great guys who want to start a relationship with me but I'm just not ready. When will I be ready? Is it when I'm fifty.

I don't even understand Dean's sickness. What exactly is he suffering from? Last time that I checked, people who get amnesia don't think their older but rather just forget their memories. Dean however, lost eighteen years of his memory in that accident but he thought that he was ten so shouldn't he still think he's ten? Why did he suddenly gain two years and then he thinks he's twelve?

I looked up Dean's condition and found out that when a person sustains an head injury, sometimes it affects the part of the brain that makes a person store events and memories like a memory box and that leads to amnesia. It's temporary if the injury wasn't very deep.

However getting shock from the injury can affect a person's thoughts. This shock can lead to a rare case known as age delusion. It is a situation when a person thinks that they're younger than they are thereby causing them to not remember everything else that happened after the age which they think that they are.

So this means that Dean doesn't actually suffers from Age delusion, a special condition similar to amnesia.
That's why with everyday he remembers, he gets older. Now I get it, he hasn't actually lost his mind, he's just mentally unstable.

I called Avery and asked for her advice on what to do with Luke. As my crazy best friend, she came a very senseless suggestion. She said that I should get knocked up and show up with an heir. Where on earth  did I find such an idiot?

I also called Hailey because when it comes to giving advices, she's the older one. Hailey is a player, she plays with guys feelings. She has nerd boyfriends who do her work for her. She has Jocks who act her guards. Preps who buy her gifts but she only likes on person and that is our Gardener's son.

I think it's really cute because a lot of rich boy's like her but she's head over heels for our Gardener's son.

Hailey didn't support Luke because she's team Liam. She wants me to be with Liam and not Luke. However, she did ask me not to forget about Dean.

Is Dean actually an option? He's no longer fond of me because he sees me like his mom. How should I then think about dating him when he treats me like family? I really don't know what to do.

I closed my journal and went to take a bubble bath. I threw on a night gown and went out to the balcony to enjoy the night breeze of New York. I watched the beautiful stars twinkle in the sky and smiled at the new things happening in my life. I am happy but I'm also scared of the decisions that I'll have to make later on.

***

Thank you for finishing this chapter. I really love you guys for sticking by me all the time. I love you guys a lot.

Do check out my other works and don't forget to follow me, comment and vote for the book.

Like that by Doja cat.

Chaow lovelies.