C H A P T E R 44

Dean's POV,

"Did you just say Harvey's on a date with Liam?" I asked Luke

"I'm not sure if it's actually a date but yes" He said

"Here I was fantasizing about her"

"Listen, you're not sure what's going on so don't make a scene. She could be settling out her feelings, who knows?" He said

"What do you think I should do?" I asked.

"Prepare"

"What?"

"If Harvey is actually in love with you then she's going to come meet you after the date. Little brother, tell what happens when a hot blooded male and a hot blooded female are in the same room, all alone" He teased me.

"They watch TV, they tell each other stories"

"Really? You of all people don't know. Do you think I buy that?" He said

"Was I really that bad when I was still normal?" I asked

"You were a man whore" He said

"How would you know? It's not like you were there for me"

His expression changed into a sad one but he quickly masked it with a fake one.

"The media helped me to keep watch over my little brother. I'm sorry Dean, I was selfish. I should have been there for you but I wasn't"

"I'm sorry but you're ten years late and it's not something I can just forget. Do you have the slightest idea what I went through? I had to grow up hating myself for even suggesting that camping trip that destroyed this family. I missed my brothers, all the dreams I had as a kid got shattered when Dom and Don walked out of my life. You're Luke now, not Dom" I walked away from him before things will get out of hand.

My phone started vibrating in my pocket and I wondered who'd be calling at such a late hour.

I pulled out the phone and it was Harvey. Why is she calling me? I hope she doesn't want to tell me that I'm not the one. I going to lose my mind if she does that.

"Hello sunshine" I said as I picked the phone.

"Hello?" That wasn't Harvey's voice. What if she has been kidnapped? No, stay positive Dean

"Who are you and why are you with my girlfriend's phone?" I think I yelled but I really didn't care.

"Calm down sir, I'm a paramedic"

"A paramedic?"

"Yes, your girlfriend was involved in a fatal accident. She lost a lot of blood and I'm not sure if she is going to make it out alive. She's been in the theatre for three hours now. I think you should come to the hospital now"

My phone fell from my hand before she finished the last sentence. Harvey was in an accident? My Harvey was in an accident?

No, my Harvey, no. I grabbed my head as a very bad headache suddenly attacked my head. "Harvey..my Harvey" The room started spinning and I grabbed the wall for support but I couldn't fight it again, my knees gave in and I soon lost contact with the real world.

A Week Later,

My head was still aching but it wasn't as bad as the last time. I looked around and I was in my VIP ward. What am I doing here? My mind flashed back to that day and I realized that I lost consciousness.

Luke and the doctor came in soon after to check up on me. They told me something that I didn't expect.

Harvey's POV,

"Why did I agree to do that with the doctor?" I asked Pierson.

Dean has been unconscious for a week because he thought I was about to die.

I got into an accident on way to meet Dean but it wasn't serious. The doctor however convinced me to play along with their game because he needed Dean's memory to come back fully so that his surgery can take place soon.

"Dean is going to be fine. He's going to wake up soon" Pierson's phone started ringing and she smiled when she saw the caller ID.

"Hey baby, Really? Ok, I'll tell her" She hanged up.

"What happened?"

"Dean's awake and he's back"

"Do you mean?"

"Yes, his memory is back" She smiled at me.

I was practically running up the stairs to his room. When my foot started aching, I just took off my stilettos and ignored the stares of everyone.

I opened the door and jumped on Dean. I hugged him tightly and pecked his lips. I pulled away from him and he was looking at me like I was crazy.

"Who are you?" He asked

"Haha, very funny Dean. I may have fallen for it the first time but I'm not that dumb to fall for it again" I laughed at his joke.

"Harvey, he's not kidding" Luke said. Pierson came in panting like a dog and Luke took her to the couch.

"No, this is a joke. Where are the cameras? Is this for a youtube video because it's not funny" I was starting to panic when Dean didn't look like he was kidding.

"I'm afraid that this is not a joke Miss Davidson" Doctor Jude came in.

"No doctor, he's gotten his full memory back, so why can't he remember me?" I asked

"Well, he did meet you when his condition was still very strong and fresh so it's very normal that he can't seem to remember you now that his brain is back to normal"

"Then does he remember me?" Pierson asked

"Oh hey Pierson"

"You see that doctor, how can be remember her but not me?"

"Probably because he met her when he was starting to get better. He might forget somethings about her but she has more hope to be remembered than you do"

This can't be happening. Oh dear, what on Earth is going on? I waited for so long and now, I've been cleared away like a cache fille.

***

This book is gradually coming to an end.

I love you.

Be happy by Dixie Damelio.

Chaow