C H A P T E R 31

Harvey's POV,

I was chatting with Hailey when there was a knock, no, it was more of a bang on my door.

"Can I come in?" Dean asked but it sounded more like a command. He came into the room. He turned to Hailey who sat so peacefully on the bed.

"Aren't you going to get out?" Dean pointed to the door.

"Someone's in a bad mood, chill, I was just leaving" Hailey stood up and went outside.

"Haven't I told you not to be rude to my guests?" I yelled at Dean.

"I don't think you're in a position to say such things" Dean pushed his hands in his pocket.

"What are you saying?"

"How long? Harvey, how long did you think it would be before I found out?" Dean yelled at me.

"I don't think I understand" I scratched my head in confusion.

"You're truly wicked Harvey, you made me live this few days in misery. I kept doubting myself and thought that I was crazy. I thought I was losing my mind"

No, it can't be.

"I asked you because I trusted you and knew you would tell me. I thought we were friends but now I've realized that you don't want me to be happy. I had a hole in my mind and needed you to fill it but you didn't, you turned a blind eye to my problem" Dean was so calm that I was starting to freak out.

"No, I did it to protect you"

"Really? To protect me? Do you think I'm stupid? What kind of protection were you trying to give to me that would have eventually caused depression and all sorts of mentally related stuff?" Dean ran his fingers through his hair.

"Um...I" I wanted to talk but I couldn't. I tried but words couldn't come out.

"What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" Dean pressed his nose bridge then looked at me with bloodshot eyes. He took dangerous steps towards me and I took some back. My back came in contact with the wall and I knew that I was done for.

Dean placed his right hand on the wall beside my head. His left fist collided with the wall. It seemed like he intended to hit me but he had a change of heart. He was silent and just stared into my eyes. He looked so handsome at the moment that I wished that we were not fighting, then I would have kissed him already.

After what seemed like ages, he spoke up.

"Why? Harvey, why did you hide such a thing from me? Don't dare say you were trying to protect me. What exactly were you protecting me from?"

"I...I" I decided to not say anything. I know I only had gone intentions but just like every other time, it backfired.

"I won't be able to look at you in a good way anymore. You hid something so serious from me and now, I'm gonna make you pay" Dean was burning with fury. I avoided eye contact with him.

He gripped my chin and forced me to look into his eyes. "Look at me Davidson, look at this pitiful eyes that you looked into and still had the courage to tell a lie to my damn face" A tear dropped from my eye and Dean realised that he was hurting me. He separated from me and turned around.

"Go, go far away" Now, he was crossing the line. I wiped my tear and had the courage to speak up.

"I'm sure as hell not going anywhere. In case you haven't noticed, I have a life here now. I'm not going to run away from this life because of you again"

"Whatever, just get out of my house" Dean walked out of the room and out of my life.

I crashed down and burst into tears. I was so happy that my mom was improving and I didn't go visit her because I knew it'd make me cry. I swore that I'd only smile but here I am.

Hailey came in soon after and her smile shattered when she saw me crying like a lost sheep in the woods. She sat down beside me and engulfed me in a hug. I don't think that I've ever seen Hailey being this nice.

I didn't create a scene and just packed my bags. I was already thinking of leaving anyways so it's kind of fortunate.

"Shut up, stop lying to yourself. No matter how hard you try, you can not find a silver lining in this problem. You only tried to help him but now you've only made a fool of yourself" That voice that always puts me down finally said something reasonable.

"You don't have to go, Dean is angry but he'll get back on track soon" Gina tried to convince me to stay.

"Forget it, Dean has every right to be angry and I won't force him to forgive me but I won't be able to stay here, I can't face him" She pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back.

I took one last glance at Dean's house then I got into Pierson's car. The drive back home was really quiet. Nobody said anything at all. Hannah tried to lighten the mood with some music but music was so unpleasant to my ear drum at the moment.

We got back home and I went straight upstairs to Pierson's room. The room has a really big bed, so we'll be sharing the room. I had my bath early because I wanted to go to bed before Pierson. She has this habit of wanting to cheer someone up before bed when they're sad. She goes extra, like literally.

She says that her tiktok dances have a way of cheering people up and it's true. You may think that she's as good as Charli or Addison that she cheers you up but nope, she's the you in your first tiktok dance video.

I really wanted to avoid that so I skipped movie night.

...

Thank you for this chapter.

I love you guys.

Chaow!!