C H A P T E R 49

Harvey's POV,

"Harvey your phone is ringing" Handy yelled from the living room.

"I'm coming" I ran out of the kitchen to answer it. I looked at the caller ID and smiled.

"Hey, Any progress? Really? Send me the address. Alright, thank you" I ended the call.

I have a very big surprise for him that will make him so happy but I need the perfect time to do that. I was about going to the kitchen when it started ringing again. I picked the call without looking at the caller ID.

"I said I've heard you. If you're calling for your remaining bread, I have sent it to you already"

"Excuse me?" I looked at the caller ID and frowned in embarrassment, it was the hospital.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else" I said

"Clearly, anyways I have good news Miss Davidson"

"What?"

"Your mum is awake"

"Really? Ok, I'll be right there"

"Girls, Mom is awake"

We were outside her ward waiting for visiting hours to come.

"What is she doesn't recognize us? I'm so nervous, it's been ten years" I said

Hannah hugged me "Don't worry, of course she will recognize you guys but she may not recognize me"

I felt sad seeing Hannah this way, she was only a baby when mom fell in the coma. She didn't get to grow up with her mom.

"Hannah sweetie, don't be sad, Mum loves you" I pecked her cheek.

"Ok, visiting hours has begun and she's all settled in, you may go in" A nurse informed us.

My vision was clouded with my tears when I saw my mom. Her eyes were open and she was sitting up. There was no wire and cable running from a machine all the way to her face.

"Mom" I ran to her and pulled her into a tight hug.

"We missed you so much mum" The others also came to hug her.

"My babies, I'm so sorry for leaving you guys to face the world all by yourself" Her voice was cracking as she burst into tears.

"How is any of this your fault? Don't blame yourself or I'll scold you" I hugged her so tightly that a paper wouldn't be able to slip through us.

"My baby" She kissed my forehead" Look at how beautiful you've grown up to be. You're indeed a real woman now"

"Hailey, look at you. I still remember when you'd come home crying that all your friends had breast but you didn't. Now, you have more than enough" She kissed Hailey's cheek

"Harley and Handy, you guys have grown so much. I left two young kids who thought that eating boogers and ear wax was okay and now I'm looking at two beautiful young women" She hugged them

"Hannah, You are the one that my absence affected the most. Please forgive me my child, I wasn't there for you. I should have seen you grow into this amazing person you are but I wasn't there. I'm sorry" She hugged Hannah and both of them cried. It was indeed a very rare sight.

We talked to our mom for sometime. My stupid sisters told my mom about my Love story and how I was in love with three brothers. She was talking about how she'd love to see Dean when the door swung open and Dean, Pierson and Luke came in.

"Aunt, oh my gosh, aunt" Pierson hugged my mom. "I missed you so much aunt"

"Even Pierson has changed a lot. She is so mature now" She said

"Just because she looks mature on the outside doesn't make her mature on the inside" I told my mom

"You must be Dean, Come my child" Dean took a sit beside my mom.

"Nice to meet you miss Davidson"

"Oh please call me Rose" She said

"Ok, Rose ugh that's so weird" He ran his fingers through his hair. Now I feel like doing that

"So you're the one who won my daughter's heart? You are really handsome, I can see why she fell in love with you. Do you love my daughter?"

"More than anything in this world" He looked at me and my cheeks flushed

"Really? Why do you love her"

"Mom" She always had this attitude. My high school flings were all scared of my mom and they nicknamed Detective mom because she always questioned any guy I bring home.

"I love her because she's amazing. She's very cute and optimistic. She never gives up and she doesn't allow anyone give up. She affects people with her positivity. Everyday I spend with her, I become more self confident and happy. She is a gift, she's Good sent. She's the angel God sent to us humans. She's the glue that holds my family together. Before she came into my life, it was a mess. My brothers and I were apart and neither of us believed in love but some how, she has managed to make Luke and I find the woman of our dreams. I don't love her because she's pretty but because she's Harvey" I hugged Dean after he finished his little speech.

"That's all I needed to know, you have my consent. Now please go away, I want to spend time with my three musketeers"

Luke took Pierson to go see a gynaecologist because she's been complaining about pains in her uterus.

"Wow, what you said to my mom was beautiful" I kissed Dean's cheek

"It's ok, I can write a book the size of a dictionary about how much I love you"

"Really?"

"Of course"

"Then do it"

"Alright"

My phone beeped in my pocket and I pulled it out.

Falcon: I'll send you an address. My work is done, treat me to dinner sometime.

"Dean, Can you please come with me? I have something to show you" He nodded.

I collected his car keys and started the car.

"I like it when you have surprises for me"

The address she sent me was taking forever to get to.

"Where are we going? Are you taking me to a villa like the last one?" He asked

"Just shut up and watch the road" After what seemed like ours we finally reached our destination.

"A retirement home? Is it that you're tired of me banging you around young people so you want it to be around old people?" He asked

"You fool, you're not very nice. We're here to meet someone" I said

"Who?"

"Your mother"

***

Thanks for this chapter.

This book was initially meant to be fifty chapters but it's like it doesn't want to end.

~Peace