C H A P T E R 45

Harvey's POV,

Wait, What?

"No, you, What are you saying? It's me  Harvey" I think I was loosing my mind.

"I don't think I know you" He said

"This is not funny, you may have fooled me before but it won't work this time"

Dean kept a straight face. He only keeps a neutral face when he's not joking.

"Luke, What's going on?" I grabbed his shirt and asked him

"I'm not sure, he seemed fine a minute ago but I didn't know he's not completely fine" He said.

Doctor Jude came in some minutes later and Pierson also came in and collapsed on the couch.

"Doctor, why can't he remember me?" I asked

"It's perfectly normal, he had a hole in his mind and now it's been filled. It's normal to at least forget some things. He also met you when he was not stable"

"Luke, I think you should give her a glass of water before you lose your girlfriend" Dean pointed to Pierson.

I squeezed my forehead in frustration "I don't get it, how come he remembers Pierson?"

"I'm guessing because he met her when he was already getting better. He had started remembering a few things. I guess his condition was not as bad as it was when he first met you. His memories will come back with time" He said and walked away.

Three days later

Dean is getting discharged today and Luke went to go get him. My sisters, Gina, Pierson and I were waiting for him in the living room. Susan was cooking some of his favorite dishes.

I haven't seen Liam since that night. I found out that he has gone back to Las Vegas. I guess he wanted to take me back but when he found out my heart belongs to Dean, he decided to leave.

He didn't even bother to patch things up with his brothers. The car pulled into the compound. The door swung open and Pierson jumped on Luke. Everyone else went to meet Dean and I just stood there watching.

They took him to the dinning table and started chatting with him. I felt like my presence wasn't really needed so I went outside to the pool side. I sat in front of the pool and drew my legs to my chest.

I was the one who had sleepless nights trying to get him back to normal. I tried different things and had constant headaches because I was over thinking things. I waited for so long for the day that Dean is back to normal.

That day has finally come and I feel so useless. I don't belong here, he doesn't need me anymore. I'm going back to Vegas. My job here is done.

I went upstairs to my room to get my remaining stuffs here. I don't think I have the courage to tell the others so I decided to quietly catch the next flight to Vegas.

I was coming out of my room when I bumped into Dean. I stared deeply into his eyes to check if maybe this is all a lie but all I could see was clouded emotions.

I cupped his right cheek and rubbed it.

"I know you can't remember me but I want you to know that we made a very good team. We did a lot of awesome stuffs and I'm glad I agreed to be your babysitter" I kissed him one last time. At this point, I didn't care if he didn't remember or not.

I was able to get a last minute flight to Vegas. I sent a text message to Pierson as soon as I landed. I knew they would have been looking for me and I feel like a coward.