C H A P T E R 18

This chapter is more of a flashback and it's only a filler chapter. I wrote it to make people understand.

Dean's POV,

Everyone wants to be like me but no one knows that even I dont want to be myself. I may look picture perfect, physically I may be there but my life is anything but perfect.

My parents passed away when I was sixteen. I have two older brothers but I lost contact with them after the accident. Derek, Dom and I went our separate ways after the incident.

Prior to the accident, I lived a regular life. My mom was also there for my brothers and I but we barely saw our dad. He was always so busy with work that he had absolutely no time to see us. The last time I actually came face to face with him before his death was when I was around twelve years old.

My dad had just come back from his trip and it was the first time seeing him since I was twelve. My brothers and I didnt really feel his presence. We stayed as far away from him as possible.

My mom tried to bond us with him but that son and father bond was lost forever. My mom and dad decided that we should as go on a camping trip just to revive that family bond. We decided to go anyways just so that it at least looks like we actually care. The trip wasnt entirely an epic fail, it was actually fun. The fishing, hunting, star gazing and of course the never ending fight with the mosquitoes.

We spent three days there then we had to return home. My parents went ahead of us to go and get the car that was far away from the campsite. The luggage was too much to carry while walking such a distance. We waited for them to come for a long time but there was so sign of them.

We got tired and decided to go look for them. We got to the camps parking lot and noticed that the car wasnt there any longer. We were walking back to the site when we saw a bunch of people standing in a circle. We pushed our way through and saw a part of the bridge had come off. We looked further and saw our parents car was being dragged out the water. It was really banged up, we turned went round and came down from the bridge.

We went to the scene but we saw only our father. There were officials in the water looking for our mom but that was it.

Years passed but her body wasnt found, she was declared dead after five months of fruitless searches. We had a grand wedding for our parents even without a body. We hoped that our mom would rest in peace. Our family tore apart after the glue that bonded us together left.

My brothers moved out of the house and left me all alone. I became a mess. I started drinking even though I was under aged. I became that bad boy from your teen fiction books but without the nerdy girl to calm me down and teach me how to love again.

I became a player and started treating girls like tissue. I changed my girlfriends more than I changed my underwear. Boys tend to turn their underwear inside out and repeat it, yes I did that too but not with the girls.

Once shes seen my room, I move to a new girl. A particular never sees my room twice. I grew up with that habit, my moms sister Gina tried to get me back on track but that Dean passed away with my parents.

Years passed but my player ways got only better. I went from girls in my grade to girls in higher grades and friends older sister. Despite how I was, it didnt stop me from focusing and going to business school and graduating with an outstanding result. I started small scale with my own company Cyprus real estate agencies which over the years progressed into Cyprus Group that consisted of various smaller companies such as Cyprus Hospital, Cyprus University, Cyprus Clothing line and so on.

It became a multinational company that everyone wanted to work at. I changed my secretary every month mainly because my whole take her to my room and she gets out of my room didnt change. I moved out of my parents house because the memories were just so much.

My brothers and I only met during business deals and all those. We werent very fond of each other again. My oldest brother Derek even moved to Milan while Dom changed his name.

I was going back home and I was very deep in my thoughts. I was thinking about my life and how I would be turning thirty in the next two years and I have no plans to get married. Suddenly, a truck came out of nowhere and everything blacked out after that.

I was hearing water droplets and people talking. Where am? I managed to open my eyes and all of a sudden, I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

Third persons POV,

After Deans accident, the doctors discovered that he had banged his head really badly during the accident and as a result, a clip that was used in a brain surgery which he had when he was much younger had shifted and had affected the part of the brain that makes a person to be able to remember things.

The shock from the accident caused a condition known as Age delusion which makes a person think that theyre a particular age thereby making them remember only up to the age that they think they are.

It was confirmed that it was temporary and he had high chances of remembering but sooner or later, a surgery would have to be done for the clip but the success rate is still very low at present.

Now you know what happened.

Thank you