C H A P T E R 35

Harvey's POV,

"After my parents accident, I never saw my brothers again. They left one morning and that's the last. I only see them on television and at business meetings. Our family bond disappeared after my mom's death. Dom and Don became distant, we stopped hanging out. It was like I didn't have brothers again." Dean looked at me and I nodded my head.

"Do you miss them?" I asked just to let him know that I heard everything he said.

"I miss the Dom and Don from my childhood. The one's that would dip me in a tub of ice whenever I tell a lie and force bread sticks down my throat when I don't feel like eating. The one's that would teach me how to ride a bike and still scold me for wanting to engage in cycling when I had weak legs"

"And the current them?"

"I don't miss them a bit. They are selfish and even risked getting anything from The Cyprus group just to not be burdened with me. I don't know if they're together or they went their separate ways but I really don't care"

"Don't worry, If you're meant to all be together then fate will bring you together" I hugged Dean.

"Your turn"

"What?"

"Tell me about you, your childhood and your mum in the hospital"

"Oh, um as you already know, I used to be a model. I specialized in advertisement"

Dean turned to me and paid full attention.

"I had everything a girl could dream of. I had an amazing job and a really cute boyfriend. I didn't love him though but it was like a compromise. He was one of my agency's sponsors and he needed a fake girlfriend. Knowing that it was fake, I never let him get close to me. After a while, my mom was constantly getting chest pain and she kept on getting heart attacks. One day, I was in the middle of signing a very important contract."

I wiped away my tears and continued my story.

"I received a call that my mom had a heart attack and had fallen into a coma. That was the start of my downfall. Every penny I earned was used to pay for my mom's hospital bills and my sister's school fees. It wasn't long before I got fired. I wasn't away to keep up with my modelling career and I got fired. Over the years, I worked part time at bakeries, cakeries, food palaces. I finally settled for a job at a registry where I got a good pay. My aunt, uncle and a friend of mine took care of my mom's bills"

"How long has your mom been in a coma?"

"Ten years, She fell into a coma after Hannah was born. Poor Hannah, she didn't get to grow up with her mom. My dad passed away after I was born"

"If he died then what of your sisters?"

"My mom remarried, it was hard at first accepting a new step sister but when Hailey smiled at me, I couldn't even dare to hate her. My step father abandoned us after my mom fell into a coma. He said that her bills would make him commit suicide and he didn't want that"

"That's so selfish, What kind of man does that?" Dean clenched his fists.

"I know, he's so selfish. I managed to raise my sisters well until I met you then here I am now"

Dean and I talked about random stuffs before I decided to go home and get ready. The ball usually starts off with a sunset viewing at the city's harvest farm then we head into the city hall for the ball.

"Hey how do I look?" Pierson came out of the bathroom. She looked so pretty. She was wearing a peach fitted dress that stopped around mid thigh.

She styled her hair in a fancy bun with lots of accessories and I started wondering if I was the one with three dates or Pierson.