C H A P T E R 42

Dean's POV,

I was hearing beeping noises and faint voices. Am I dead? Is this the land of the dead or is this heaven?

No, I'm quite sure I heard Harvey's voice. I know she's really cute and innocent but between me and you, I don't think she's going there.

I tried to open my eyes but it was really difficult. I tried harder but I could only open it at a very slow pace. The first thing I saw was a stool, I don't think I've ever seen it before.

I turned to my side and saw Harvey beside me. She was using her phone so she hasn't noticed that I was awake. I shifted my body a little bit and my head started banging. It felt like someone had thrown a brick on my head. I winced in pain and this caught Harvey's attention.

"Dean? Oh my gosh, Dean you're awake?" She hugged me, my head became worse because of her hug but I didn't let go. She for perfectly in my arms and her scent is just what I need right now.

"What happened to me? Last thing I remember was getting log of woods with you then everything is a blur after that" I told her.

"Yeah, you passed out in the woods and for what's wrong with you. I don't know, the doctor just said you'll be fine and that when you wake up, he has good news for you" She rubbed her chin.

The doctor came in some minutes later.

"Hello Dean, how are you feeling?" The doctor asked.

"I'm fine Doctor Jude" I responded.

"So I heard you've been doing quite well this days and you haven't had any issues with your head except that day in the woods. I have good news and bad news for you" He said.

Did I want the bad or good news first?

"Tell me both, I don't really care about the order" I said

"Alright, the good news is, you will soon get back to normal" He said

"Really?" Harvey asked

"Yes miss, according to his brain scans, the clip from his aneurysm surgery that shifted and affected the part of the brain that remembers things has shifted out of there. Shock waves cause the movement, Have you done anything that raises your blood pressure?" The doctor asked

My mind flashed back to that night at the river with Harvey and with the look on her face, I could tell she was doing the same.

"Yes, you can say that" I said

"Alright, well luckily it has moved and now that you're over your age delusion, you're almost recovered. All that's left is for you get your memories back" He said

"And the bad news?" Harvey asked

"The bad news is, the clip is just in the middle and there is no chance of it moving again but we need to get it out of your brain or it could damage it forever" He said

"So we're going to do a surgery? That's fine with me" I said

"That's the thing, brain surgeries are risky and have a very low success rate. They range around 1 to 10% success rate and that's really low" He said

"So you're saying that Dean might die?" Harvey was starting to freak out

"Yes but he has to do the surgery or he could become brain dead" He said

He walked out after that sentence and left me in misery. This is like a two ways situation in tic tac toe.

I turned to Harvey and she was crying. This girl is such a softie. I hugged and let her cry on my chest.

"Dean, please don't leave me"

"I'm not going anyway sunshine" I kissed her head and hugged her so tight that a paper will not be able to slip through us. I want her to feel my heart beat and what she does to me.

Harvey has been so sweet to me and I can't deny that I like her. She's just so beautiful and she doesn't even know it. I can never get bored looking at her.

I got discharged three days later. When I got home, everyone was in the living room. They were really happy to see me. I was kind of happy to see my brothers but I'll never tell them that.

I know they left me in the past but I can't continue hating them. Although I want to forgive them, Liam has been getting on my nerves. I know he likes Harvey but he's in my way. I am going to win Harvey's heart.

I was glaring at Liam, he was talking to Harvey and was making cheap moves on her. The girl didn't even realize he was flirting with her. I've fought with my brothers for a lot of things but not my woman.

"Where are you taking me to?" Harvey asked when I keeping on dragging her to follow me upstairs. I took her to the attic, no one goes here anymore.

"I never knew you had an attic" She said

"I also forgot" I said

"So what are we doing here?" She asked. I sat down on a chair and dragged her with the string of her hoodie. She crashed into me with her hands on my neck.

"Everyone won't leave us alone and I miss you" I kissed her nose.

"Really, then show me how much you miss me" I was about to capture her lips when I heard a rustling.

"Shit, someone's coming" I dragged her and pushed her into the small cupboard and I entered too. We opened the door slightly and saw Pierson. She must be sightseeing.

She looked around for a bit and I guess she figured they was not much to see, so she left.

Harvey opened the door and peeked out.

"She's gone" Harvey turned to me and that was when I realized our position. I guess because we were in a hurry, I didn't even realize that she was straddling.

"So where were we?" I pulled her lip into mine and put my hand under her hoodie. I kissed her like it was my first time. Harvey's lips still burn mine and I can never get tired of her lips.

***
Thanks for this chapter.

I love you

Don't forget to follow me.

I love you.