Chapter 51

Nothing good comes in every time I think positively. When I got myself expecting a good outcome destiny just slaps me across the face for being optimistic.

Lucas was no help, after the king entered the room with him in tow. He was looking rather troubled carrying a tray.

I was busy praying for my dear life while Aiden started rambling to Edmund with a teary face.

"I. . !" Out of fear I unconsciously shouted. Two pairs of eyes of color gold fixed towards me making me squirm where I was standing.

But before I could continue Aiden and I were hoisted up by Edmund. He then carried us swiftly to the bed.

"I understand," his majesty said without giving much emotions. "If you want to become strong then you must eat first."

With blank thoughts I watched the father of two wiped his children's tears with a faint smile that I almost overlook it.

"Da–daddy," I spoke out loud and immediately shut my mouth.

His smile disappeared that made me pallid but the glare or cold look didn't surface on his face. Instead, he looked at me waiting for me to continue.

I shook my head and said it was nothing.

In return, he stared at me a second or two before he called Lucas. The captain who's holding a tray gave me a bowl of soup.

"Eat," the king ordered.

The sun was about to set but the temperature was still hot. I stared at the steaming soup, beads of sweat forming on my face from the heat.

Is this some kind of punishment?

". . . It's hot," Aiden said sweating after he receive his own soup.

"Majesty, I told you it's a bad idea," Lucas said in strained. "The children don't have a cold to have soup."

"Is. .that so." The king looked a bit dumbfounded. "Then take a rest first, I'll come back to get some more. . .appropriate food."

His majesty was acting like a proper father. Was he like this to Aiden?

Aiden yawned blinking his heavy eyes while Lucas took back the soups. "Sister let's sleep together," he said laying on the bed as holds my hand making sure I won't go away.

The prince was quickly fell asleep at my side.

With still bewildered look I didn't notice that the king's hand was nearing to my face and before I knew it he lightly pushed my forehead down to the pillow.

"Get some rest, Elaine."

He spoke my name. That was the first. I didn't know what to feel about it though.

"Have a good rest, princess," Lucas said with a satisfied smile.

"Sir Lucas, let's not do that again," I said as I close my eyes.

"I agree, princess."

I heard the door open while the king asked, "What's this about?"

"Oh, me and the princess were acting like lovers awhile ago." Lucas was chuckling.

And before the door closed the king said in cold tone voice. "Lucas make sure to eat the soups before it gets cold."

The way I see it now it just felt wrong. An eight years old girl married to a man who's in his middle 20s.

This day turned out to be unexpectedly good. And now I was afraid that something bad will happened when I open my eyes.