♤With Your Ghost♤

Haechan was trying to push Mark off. He liked it and wanted this moment to happen but it was just his impulse that was trying to reject it.
However, Mark's kiss is too strong so Haechan fails to push him off.

The kiss was passionate and sweet. Mark could taste the Skittles Hyuck probably ate a couple of minutes ago, which is making him laug on the inside.

Mark slowly pulled away and noticed Haechan's eyes never closed.
Donghyuck looks at him straight in the eyes for a couple of seconds without saying anything. His expression is absolutely unreadable.
Haechan was backing into the house and before Mark could reach for him he closed the door.
Mark knocked on the door a couple of times before giving up.

He sighed and turned away. He wasn't feeling happy or sad. He was just feeling numb. He felt as if the entire world against him. He felt like the sky just fell on him. He felt like there was no more hope.

Mark slowly walked back to his house. He couldn't be bothered to climb up he ladder anymore. If he was this stupid then he might as well be punished all the way.

Mark was walking up the stairs, up to his apartment.
And the door is locked, which means he has to knock now.
And so he did.
His mom opened the door.

"Mark? Get in here!" said his mom, getting furious. He grabbed his wrist and pulled him in the apartment.
She sat him on the couch and took a deep breath.

"Mark, when you're grounded you can't go out! That's what I said and you're going to obey, understood? For that, your punishment will last 2 weeks rather than one. You can go to your room now. I don't care." said his mom before leaving.

Mark sighed. It wasn't as bad as he expected it to be.
Mark went to his room and just laid in bed. He was staring at the ceiling. His head was full of thoughts.

He kept blaming himself all over and over again. It was all his fault. It's his fault Haechan's hurt. It's his fault Haechan rejected him. It's his fault it went down like this. It's his fault Yuta is clingy to him. It's his fault all over and over.

Mark slapped himself as hard as he could, since no one was willing to.
He decided to try to take his mind off the whole situation by lostening to some music.

The music was playing and all he could do is stare into space.
Maybe some moving will snap him out of it?
Mark got up and started waving his arms around. He was enjoying it until he remembered that one time.

That one time when Haechan slept over and they danced to slow music, as friends. They were laughing throughout the entire dance and they had a lot of fun.

"It's like I'm dancing with your ghost, Hyuck."

Mark's eyes started to tear up. Mark quickly rubbed his eyes so no tears would come out. He started laughing to ease the pain he was feeling.

And this is how he ended up laying in bed, crying his eyes out while laughing.
He only saw them dancing, when they weren't just strangers. And when he closed his eyes the image became even clearer and hurtful.

Little did he know, Haechan was doing the same.

He couldn't keep it in anymore. He didn't have anyone he could talk with. He isn't out to his parents yet and his friends just wouldn't understand how much he fucked up.

He took a piece of paper and wrote everything he was feeling for Haechan. He was planning on giving it to him somehow. But then he realised it's a lost cause. He messed up and there isn't any going back. The damage is already done. He would be putting salt on the wound.
What's the wound? The wound their kiss left on both of their hearts.

Mark sighed and started ripping the paper. It's useless now.
He threw it in his trashcan. It hurt to even throw away everything he wrote about Haechan.

In the end, Mark ended up covering himself in his blanket. He had his eyes closed and all of the best memories he had with Haechan kept replaying in his head. He still remembers them so vividly.