♤I Thought It Was Going Well♤

Looks like it's September again. This can only mean one thing. It's back to school season.

Actually, it's the first day of school. 1 more year of school for almost everyone. They can do it.

Jungwoo woke up and almost went back to sleep. That is until he got a phone call from Doyoung.

"Yes?" asked Jungwoo, in a sleepy voice.
"Wake up! We're walking together, right?" said Doyoung.
"Yeah."
"Then hurry up. You have 10 minutes until I will come there and drag your butt to school."
"Oh, no. Fine. I'm getting up now. See ya!"
"Bye!"

Jungwoo fell back on his pillow. He groaned and then got up. He didn't really wanna go to school. He got used to sleeping all day.

What happened with Wen? Her dad got custody over her because he wasn't the one who tested positive for drug use; it was her mom. Wen is now back in China, living a happy life with her dad.

Jungwoo got dressed. He's not the type to try to go all out for the first day of school just to put little-to-no-effort for the rest of the year.He didn't even take a shower. Well, not like he has time anyway.

He left the house. He walked a bit until he finally found his friend, Doyoung. He waved at him.

"Hi!" said Doyoung.
"Hi! How are you feeling?"
"Well I had to put my alarm very early in the morning so I could be completely up by the time I had to start getting ready, so I only got like half an hour of sleep. The answer is tired."
"Jesus Christ, what time did you even go to sleep?"
"6 AM. My heart hurt a little when I set the alarm for 6:30 AM."
"Why didn't you go to sleep?"
"I was watching a k-drama."
"Like always."
"You don't understand. It got so intense, I couldn't just leave it."
"It's always this story. Which is why I'm terrified of you starting new k-dramas, like you did with this one and the other 200 ones you watched."

There was a second of silence. Until Doyoung broke it.

"So, when are you gonna tell Lucas?"
"I really don't know. And this thing that started as a little crush turned into something way bigger. Especially after taking care of Wen with him. It felt like Wen was our daughter and we were her parents, y'know?"
"Well, you need to tell him. Unless you want him to find out by himself in January and be mad at you for not telling him for a whole year."
"Well, I hinted at it but he still didn't figure it out."
"This is Lucas we're talking about. You could tell him something straight in the face and he still wouldn't get it."
"I know, right?"

Eventually, they arrived at school. It's been a while since they saw this building. None of them missed this view.

"This isn't neomu areumdaun- daun- daun- daun view." said Doyoung.
Jungwoo laughed.

And then they finally walked in the building. There were some new faces but some familliar. Way too familliar. Doyoung wishes those faces weren't familiar. Why, you ask? Because they walked in and saw Yangyang, their friend, trying to catch a fly in his mouth.

"What the fuck?" said Renjun.
"I was about to say the same thing." said Doyoung.
"Do you do this in Germany?" asked Lucas.
There was no response.

"Can I join in?" asked Hendery.
"Absolutely not." replied Kun.
Then Kun proceeded to say something in Chinese and made Yangyang stop.

They talked for a bit until they all arrived and the bell rung. They all took their schedules from their bags and went to the classrooms they were supposed to go to.