♤I'm Always Here For You♤

It was morning again. Both boys were woken up by Wen jumping in Lucas' bed to wake them up.

"What the fuck?" asked Lucas.
"Language!" said Jungwoo, throwing a pillow in Lucas' face.
"English." said Wen.
"What was that for?" asked Lucas.
"No swearing allowed." said Jungwoo.
Lucas looked at Jungwoo with a blank expression.

"Anyways, I see you were really enjoying each other's company. I took pictures." said Wen, shoving her phone in front of their faces.
What Wen showed them was them sleeping facing each other.

"You guys are gay-gay." said Wen.
"Is there a problem with it?" asked Lucas.
Wen shook her head.
"The only problem I have is that I'm hungry." said Wen.
"I'll start making something in a couple of minutes. It won't take long." said Jungwoo.

After a few minutes of sitting around, Jungwoo and Lucas decided to go downstairs and decide what to eat.

"Should we make pancakes?" asked Jungwoo, opening Lucas' fridge. "You have everything I need to make them."
"Yeah, sure." replied Lucas.

Jungwoo started making the pancakes. Lucas looked at him in shock when he saw how Jungwoo knew when he needed to add an ingredient, how much to add and when he's done. It was a skill he never understood.

"Now here comes the fun part." said Jungwoo, taking out a pan. "Don't worry, pancakes are pretty much the only things I can cook."
"That's reassuring." said Lucas.

Lucas' mind went to the conversation from yesterday. How did Jungwoo come up with such an interesting story right there and then? Sure, he's lying. There's no way Lucas is his soulmate. But what if he is? No, he probably would've told him. Maybe he should ask.

"Hey, Jungwoo." said Lucas.
"Hm?" replied Jungwoo.
"Remember yesterday when you said I'm your soulmate? How did you come up with that story so quickly?"
"I just have a very wide imagination." said Jungwoo, chuckling.
"But, is it true? Am I your soulmate?"

Jungwoo choked on his saliva. He wasn't supposed to tell him like this. Not now. But he couldn't lie.

When Jungwoo wouldn't stop choking Lucas ran towards him and patted his back to help him.
After Jungwoo stopped choking he decided to completely change the subject.

"So I think the pancakes are done." said Jungwoo. "Wen! Food's ready!"
"But..." said Lucas.

Jungwoo was acting strange and Lucas didn't know why. He was really confused by the older's behaviour. Why was he acting like this?

"Wash your hands." said Jungwoo when Wen walked in the kitchen.
"Wow! You made pancakes. I haven't eaten pancakes in ages." said Wen.

They all sat down. This time Jungwoo decided to ask a question he had on his mind for a while.

"Wen, how come Xuxi is taking care of you? Where are your parents?" asked Jungwoo.
"Mom and dad don't like each other anymore and they sent me to live with Xuxi while they sort out the divorce files." said Wen with a blank expression. "They yell a lot at each other and stuff like that."

Jungwoo wanted to slap himself. He just ruined breakfast. However, it reminded him of something.

"Heh, my parents used to be like that too." said Jungwoo.
"What do you mean?" asked Lucas.
"Well..."

8 years ago

"There's nothing wrong with him! He's perfect just the way he is! He will always be my son no matter what!" shouted Mr Kim.
"But it's not right! Why is he so girly? He's not a fucking girl!" shouted Mrs Kim.

Jungwoo was 8 years old with his back to his room's door. All he could hear is his parents yelling at each other. Again. But the horror you feel never gets old. You get used to it but it still hurts.

One by one, warm tears fell down the kid's cheeks. He wanted to end this but he couldn't. He's way too small and the world is way too big.

"We're breaking up and I'm taking Jungwoo!" said Mr Kim.
"The Hell, you aren't! You'll teach him to be a good for nothing faggot! And do I need to mention your debt and alcoholism?" said Mrs Kim.
"I got better and I am paying my debt!" argued Mr Kim.
"No one will care! I'll get custody of that kid and make him the man he's supposed to be!"
"Fuck you!"
"Fuck you too!"

And, just like that, Jungwoo's dad left to cool down. He came back after a couple of hours of drinking.

The following months were filled with daily trips for Jungwoo. From home, to school, to two different lawyers fighting for two different people and saying two different stories, to child therapy and back home where the shouting would never stop. He didn't know who and what to believe anymore.
He hated the feeling. He hates the fact that his parents yell at each other, he hates the fact that he has no say in this, he hates the fact that he's weak, he hates the pitiful looks he got from everyone wherever he went, he hates the people who cried for him, he hates his teachers, he hates the lawyers, he hates his therapist, he hates his mom, he hates his dad, he hates himself. He hates everything and everyone.

In the end, Jungwoo's mom got custody of him. His dad's past caught up with him. It didn't matter he's a clean man now.

Now, in the present, Jungwoo can't help but wonder where his dad is and how he's doing.

~

"Damn, Jungwoo." said Lucas.
"But, everything is fine now and I am fine." said Jungwoo, smiling. "Anyways, since we're done eating I'll start cleaning up."

Jungwoo got up and started cleaning up while humming. He acted as if he said nothing 2 seconds ago.
Wen left and left Lucas and Jungwoo together.

"You know, I don't know what you went through because my parents are still together but it sounds rough. I am so sorry you had to go through that and if you ever need someone to talk with you can always talk to me." said Lucas.
"You can always talk with me too, if you ever need someone to talk to. I'm always here." said Jungwoo.
"Uh, you wanna watch a movie or something?"
"Sure!"

And so, Lucas and Jungwoo watched movies all day. Jungwoo had his arms around Lucas, his legs on top of Lucas' and his head was on his shoulder. They had a blanket covering them.
They both looked (and were) really cute.

Too bad they're forgetting someone.