♤Never Expected♤

Morning arrived as the sun slowly took the moon's place on the sky. Jungwoo's alarm rang through his room, yelling at him to get up.

He slowly got up from his bed. He got changed and then walked downstairs in the backyard to get his bike and then bolted off.

He was frightened of going to Mr Lee now since his soon is Dongho but he still needed the money. He was absolutely terrified of running into Dongho again but even more terrified of disappointing his mom and letting her down.

He got to Mr Lee's property and there was no sign of Dongho so that's good. Jungwoo exhaled in relief and went on about his day. He delivered Mr Lee's newspapers and then headed to school.

Yeah, his life is a bit dull and monotone, which he absolutely despises, but there is nothing he can do about it. He has to push through it in order to re-find his happiness that was stolen from him.

On his way to school all he could think of is what Lucas will be talking to him about. He's dying of curiosity. Lucas, the boy he likes, asking him to meet in person to tell him something? Jungwoo's brain was filled with romantic fantasies about it but he didn't let his hopes get up. He knew the malicious life couldn't do this for him.

What was killing Jungwoo even more is that Lucas told him no to ask him about it. He thought that was odd but didn't think much of it. Maybe he should've.

Jungwoo arrived to the place he dreaded coming to. He doesn't enjoy school at all. In his opinion, whoever said high school is fun is a dirty liar.

Before class started, him, Lucas and Yangyang were looking at old vines compilations and laughing until they couldn't breathe.
Doyoung gave them a weird look since he never understood what's so hilarious about vines. He was judging them a lot in his head but, thankfully, no thoughts of his came out of his mouth.

The ringing bell got everyone running towards their designated classrooms. Jungwoo, obviously, walked with Doyoung, since they're in the same class. However, no words were being exchanged between the two of them. The atmosphere around them was dead silent.

Jungwoo attended the first two classes before the first break. During break he had a very interesting 'discussion' with Lucas.

"Cause everytime we touch..." said Lucas.
"I get this feeling." continued Jungwoo.
"And everytime we kiss..."
"I swear I can fly."
"Can't you feel my heart beat fast?"
"I want this to last."
"Need you by my side." both of them sang at the same time.
"Bro, that's gay." said Ten.
"So are you." said Haechan.
"Cause everytime we touch, I feel the stati- wait y'all are not continuing it anymore?" said Jaemin.
"I know you do." said Jeno, winking.
"GAY! HOMOSEXUAL!" yelled Yuta.
"Stop being gay homosexuals." said Doyoung.
"Honey, we ARE gay homosexuals. All of us."
"I am straight." said Renjun.
"Yeah, totally." said Chenle, winking at Renjun, as if he knows something's up.

Then Renjun told Chenle something in Chinese.

"What are we not supposed to know about?" asked Lucas.
"Ooh you're secretly gay." said Ten.
"Who's your crush?" asked Yangyang.
"I am not gay."
"Internalised homophobia, yes sir." said Hendery.
"Oh, look what time it is I have to go to class now." Renjun laughed nervously before running off.
"He's so gay." said Jungwoo.
"But for who?" asked Lucas.

They had no time to place bets as the bell rang once again. Everyone scrambled around the building, trying to get to class on time.

Jungwoo had English literature with Jaehyun and Johnny. It was mostly Jungwoo reading while Johnny and Jaehyun are bickering with each other and Jungwoo only saying a word every once in a while.

Next lesson for Jungwoo was the dreaded Science. The only fun thing about the lesson is that he's sitting next to Johnny. Both of them absolutely don't care about that stupid, useless lesson so they usually get only 3 words down in their notebooks per lesson 'cause they're chatting about stuff. That's how interested they are in science.

It was finally lunch time. Well, for everyone else it was 'finally' since Jungwoo didn't pack lunch and he doesn't have a single cent in his pockets. All he can do is look at other people eating.

"Jungwoo, how come you're not eating?" asked Doyoung.
"Oh, I didn't pack any lunch and I don't have money with me." said Jungwoo, chuckling.
Doyoung sighed.
"I always have to take care of you as if you're a baby."
"I am a baby."
"You're 18 years old."
"Oh, right."

Doyoung got closer to Jungwoo so they could share his lunch. Jungwoo really appreciated it. He was glad to have Doyoung as a friend. One of his closest friends too. He was surprised that Doyoung still took care of him after he lashed out at him like that yesterday. His body was filled with a mix between happiness and guilt. Needless to say, it's not the most pleasant feeling.
He would apologise to him right now but he doesn't wanna apologise in front of everyone; he's waiting for him and Doyoung to be alone.

"Thank you for the food."
"No problem. If I don't take care of you then who will? You're 18 and you can't even take care of yourself."
"Listen-"
"What? I'm listening but you know I'm right."
"I am defeated."
"Figured."

Eventually, the thing everyone was looking forward to, the end of the school day has arrived. Everyone can go somewhere that isn't the school.

In a couple of hours, Jungwoo would be getting the answer he lingered for all day: what does Lucas wanna tell him? But his wait will have to be on stand-by for another 4 hours until Jungwoo is done with his 2 day jobs.

Jungwoo powered through his jobs to get his work done as soon as possible so he could meet up with Lucas. He got on his bike and rode to the oddly specific place.

When he got there he couldn't help but notice how deserted the street looks. He knows Haechan lives around here, which is surprising because the young, annoying boy acts like he's a star who lives in  a mansion, not in such an empty street.

There was no sign of Lucas yet so he waited and waited for a while. He's about 20 minutes late, which is not surprising; just a bit annoying.

Eventually, he got bored and started looking at the windows to see if he can find his friend Haechan.

Before he could find his window, he got somethig really hard thrown in his head, making him stumble a bit. It was a rock.

"Who-" said Jungwoo, turning around to see who threw it.
His eyes widened at the sight he wished he never saw.
"Dongho?"