Chapter 1🌹

Josephine

"You've got to be kidding me!!!!"

I scream at the top of my lungs on the emergency staircase of my high school building, my secret spot to escape from everything happens here.

You must be wondering why I am doing this right now, huh? Let me tell you the reason.

I'm Josephine. Just an ordinary girl born in an ordinary family who goes to an extraordinary high school.

Flower private high.

The school everyone on this world would want to enter were they rich. All the students in this school come from such wealthy families. One's father is the CEO of Toyota and the other one's family is a chaebol.
They are super, super rich, you know?

But my family... well, we're not that wealthy to say the least.
My dad's income is just the average of American people and my mom is a housewife, which means we barely afford my tuition with economizing everything. For example, we buy foods at Aldi, the cheapest grocery store in the United States, and we ,of course, bring our lunches to school or to the office.

I have an older sister, Katherine, who goes to the local high school unlike me to help save money for my tuition, and we all live in a small apartment near Beverly Hills, the city where my high school stands.

I decided to apply to this high school when I first visited here in the senior year of junior high. My one-and-only role model, Selena Gomez was making a speech about this school which she graduated from that year at that time. She's a worldwide famous singer as well as the only daughter of the CEO of that Dior. She's also very intelligent and her dream is to become an international lawyer to help people who are in troubles after graduating from her university in France. Isn't she just too perfect? In her speech, she told us to "be true to ourselves."

Those words made me determine I would be a lawyer like her. I desperately wanted to get into this high school because its affiliated university has one of the best law schools in the whole world. To make my dream come true, my family are doing their bests to support me. They are literally the best and I cannot love them more.

Despite their encouragement, I feel guilty for making them suffer in saving money like this. They, on contrary, seem very proud of the fact that I'm in that famous Flower high when hearing our neighbors rumoring about it. In the times where they're happy boasting about my school I can feel it's worth chasing my dream like this. So don't pity me 'cause I'm so happy now.

People including my family think Flower high school is such a sophisticated school considering its students' background, but let me tell you the truth. It is nothing but HELL, in fact. The students are always bragging about their belongings or experiences like,
"I got this limited bag of Chanel in Paris last week. Isn't it fabulous?" or "I went to Kyoto because I wanted to have a fine green tea. The best thing will be available only in the best place, don't you agree?"
In my opinion, they are nothing but idiots. They don't give a shit about anything other than their money and fame. What the fuck is wrong with them?

For 2 years since I entered this high school, I have kept my head down low so to not stand out nor be found by anyone, and my plan is successful for now. 2 more years of enduring and I'll finally step closer to who I want to be! Bye bye Satans, hello to my heaven.

Just 2 more years. Just 2 more years....

Today, it's September 1st, in other words, the restarting of the hell. Yay!

I'm sitting on my seat studying while everyone else in my class is doing the same things they did last year.
Idiots!
I cuss inside my mind. I don't have any friend in my class but I don't care it at all since I know I can't keep up with their talk and so do they. I'm content having my childhood-best-friend, Joey King who works at the frozen yogurt store with me everyday after school. No matter how shitty thing happens to me, I'm ok because I can talk to her about it. It's so nice to have your safe place for your mental when you survive in the hell.

The exact moment I was going to solve a math quiz in my text book, a loud voice drown out all the chitchats.

"Red notice!! Jessie Evans in sophomore year got a red notice, guys!!"
"Oh! It's been a while since last time. I'm excited!"
"Let's go see the show!"
I can see my classmates heading to the cafeteria with such excitements at the corner of my eyes.

Here comes another show.
I silently roll my eyes.
Then, a calm, unfamiliar voice is delivered to my ears.
"I don't know anything but don't you have to go with them?"
I look up to find a beautiful blonde girl standing in front of my desk with a small smile. A transfer student. Such a poor girl.
I feel for her. She will definitely regret coming here once she knows how things work in this school.

"Yes, I'm Lili by the way."
She introduces herself.
"Nice to meet you, Lili. I'm Josephine."
"Nice to meet you, too. So, will you tell me what's going on?"
"I'll show you instead of explaining. Seeing is believing, you know?"
I say standing on my feet and lead her to the cafeteria.

There were already about 500 people there, circling 2 boys when we arrived at our destination.
I can see one of the two is kneeling on the ground keeping apologizing to the other. He must be pitiable Jessie.
The one standing stayed still for a while before kicking hard on Jessie's stomach, which made him roll over on the ground. I instantly look away because it's too painful to look at.
This is too sick.
I feel Lili trembling from the fear next to me, I suppose.
"What did he do to deserve this?"
She whispers to my ear.
I can't help but let a cynical laugh leave my mouth and I'm sure she thinks I'm a psychopath.

Watching her face turns into confusion, I simply replied,

"Welcome to Flower high."

🌻A.N.🌻
Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you liked it :) You'll find out who was beating Jessie in the next chapter. See you then!

Kaia Gomez🦋