Chapter 31🌹

Josephine

I'm furious at everything right now.
I hate him. I hate myself. And I fucking hate whoever took the damn photos while I was passed out like that.

I cried and cried what felt like a lifetime since I left his house. That asshole didn't believe me in the end, which completely tore me apart somehow. I don't know why though. I have no idea why his hatred toward me suddenly affects me so bad like this.

But I really want him to understand that I would never, ever do something he thinks I did. I need him to trust me. I'm aware that I'm crazy and not making any sense, yet I can't give up on us.

Give up on us? What the hell, Jo?

Looks like my logic is out of order now. However, this is what I have to do : find the fucking psycho.

"So you're gonna be a detective after Cinderella, huh?"
Joey smirks at me. I've just told her my updates.

"Yeah, I guess?"
"But isn't it too hard to do it on your own, Jo? You don't have any clue yet, do you?"
Good point, best friend!
I shrug my shoulders since her prediction is correct.
"I thought so."
She chuckles before we both simultaneously sigh in defeat at my helpless misery.

What should I do to actually find the culprit?
I was too caught up with this question when Joey elbowed me with her eyes fixed on the entrance door.
"Ouch! You're aggressive!!"
I scowl at her, rubbing where she hit.
"Sorry, but you have to see them."
Her voice hears half surprised and half angry.

Who is she looking at?
Following her gaze, I'm met with two unexpected guests. Gavin and Shane.

"Hey, Josephine!! What's up?"
"How are you dealing with your first scandal?"
They laugh a little and I feel irritated if not more than I'm supposed to.
"What are you guys doing here?"
Of course my words contain toxins. I mean how wouldn't I? Haha.
"Wow. Calm down a bit. Because we're here to help you."
"You're welcome."
Both of them give me annoying smug faces, which makes me scoff.

Then, a realization hits me.
Wait a minute. They're super rich. That means they might find some hint which leads me to the motherfucker!! It seems there's no other option.
Clearing my throat, I look at them in the eye and sincerely tell,
"Thank you for helping me, guys."
They nod their heads in response.

"Oh! I want to ask you something. Is this yours?"
Shane our of nowhere pulls out a handkerchief from his pocket. It's unfamiliar one.
"No. Where did you find it?"
"I found this in Hero's room after you and your friend left."
Oh, I didn't know he was there.
I feel embarrassed in a second but manage to hide it. At least I think I could mask it well though I'm at a loss for words for a while. Like I said before, I'm terrible at lying.
"Then I guess this belongs to the other
girl."
He simply says and doesn't comment at my awkwardness thankfully. I'm relieved.

"Anyway, we'd better hurry since time is money, you know?"
Gavin brings back the subject. The expression sounds nothing but a fake when some rich brat like him uses it, yet he's got a point. The sooner the better.
"Yeah, you're right."
I reply with fighting the urge to roll my eyes at him.
"Alright then! Let's get going!"
He and Shane start walking out the store whilst I can't because I'm still working for fucks' sake.
"Hey, wait! I can't right now. I'm still working."

They halt their feet as coming up with a solution. It's Gavin that found first.
"Then, Shane will be your representative."
He states as-a-matter-of-factly. Shane, on the other hand, didn't see it coming, I assume.
"Wait what?! No, I won't, bro!!"
He's arguing like a little boy now.

"I would love you to work here in place of Josephine, young handsome man."
All of a sudden, a mature female voice from behind catches all of our attentions.
Why does she always appear in a blink of an eye like this?? It scares the shit out of me.
Scarlett's green eyes are burning on Shane's with passion. Wow, he must be her type.

"Great. Settled then!"
Gavin claps his hand and goes out our shop to the street with holding confused Shane in front of him.
"Welcome to the yogurtland, ladies and gentleman!! From now on, whoever purchases our frozen yogurt gets a kiss from this guy!!"
Saying so, he pushes Shane forward.
I can see people —mostly middle aged women — begin licking their lips as gathering to this store. I learned a tip about business today. Hire handsome guys if you want to success.

"Now, let's go!"
Gavin pulls me by the arm and goes to his car.

"Hummm. We need to find a clue first."
Gavin utters while looking at those pictures.
"But I don't remember anything from that day."
I sigh.
Are we never going to make up for this forever? Hero and me? The unknown thing that was about to bloom between us died for real?
This thought tightens my chest.

"Look!! This asshole is wearing a ring, Josephine!"
Gavin's scream of triumph lights up the fire to my vanishing hope.
"Yes!!! Thank you so much!!"
I gush but I don't care how stupid I look at this moment. Because all I care is to win his trust back.

Wait for me, jerk.

————

Hero

There's a knock on my door.
Which the fuck is it? Gavin or Shane?
Either of them, I'm gonna fucking beat them up as my familiar rage already is back now.

Without my permission, the door opens, revealing an uninvited small figure standing there. Her blonde reminds me of her, which is a complete torture though.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"
I don't hide my annoyance at all.
"I'd like to do me a favor Mr. Tiffin. To find the person who did that to Jo."
She says. Of course she would, since she's her friend for fucks' sake.
"That's none of my business. Now get lost, you bitch."
I don't even glance at her while shouting and running my fingers through my hair.

She slightly winces. However, this bitch is more stubborn than I thought.
"But I know you're longing to find out the truth deep inside your heart. To find out whether she got intimate with that man."
Fuck!!
She just cut my wound by pointing out the truth. Who the fuck is she really? Why the fuck does she talk like she knows everything about me? Fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!!!!

"I'll be waiting for you in front of the Beverly Hills sign at 3."
She goes on.
"I'm not coming, stupid! Now, get the fuck out of my room!!"

I throw a cushion at her and she finally gets out of my sight.

What the fuck is she thinking? She's too obnoxious.

"But I know you're longing to find out the truth deep inside your heart. To find out whether she got intimate with that man."

"I'll be waiting for you in front of the Beverly Hills sign at 3."

That bitch's words keeps running my head as if my brain is hijacked. It's been a while since she left but I just can't escape from those words no matter what I did during these couple of hours. I showered, tried to sleep, and even wanked, none of them helped as you can see. I'm done.

"Fuck!!!!!!!!!!"
Loudly cussing, I stand up and grab my jacket before going out my room.

🌻A.N.🌻
Thank you for reading!!
Lili is really shady these days, isn't she? What do you think Lili is trying to do?😏 Find it out in the next chapter!
Stay tuned❤️

Kaia Gomez🦋