Chapter 9🌹

Ross

I lied to her.

I lied that the cleaning lady was at the emergency stairs. In fact, I didn't even go there but followed her when seeing her dragged by some assholes at the corridor. And I'm glad I did otherwise she would surely have been hurt by them. My blood instantly boiled when they were on top of her small frame. As if my fists had their own will, they connected to the motherfuckers' jaws, and they were sprawling on the floor whimpering in pain.

She was shaking as if she's been locked in a freezer for a while. Her small figure looked shrunken than usual when I had her in my arms.

"You don't have to carry me! I'm heavy for you."
Her panic was the funniest thing happened in this month and I couldn't keep myself from laughing. She was not heavy at all, but I didn't tell her the truth. I expected her to get mad at me for being rude, only did she close her mouth. I felt bad for unintentionally hurting her because all I wanted was to see the emotions different from what I've witnessed before emerge on her face. She's the easiest girl I've ever met to read her mind only by looking at her face, which is 180° different from me.

I had been wanting to apologize her until the last second before my limo started, but the one word never left my dumb mouth. I didn't even look at her as I somehow felt like she could read my messed-up mind once I let myself drown in her innocent blue-grey eyes.

Such a fool, I let out a dry laugh while scotch burned my throat that night.

————

Hero

"Ross? Are you sure?"
I scream at Jacob with grabbing his collar in irritation.
"Y...yes, sir. When the boys I sent tried to rape her, Mr. Lynch beaten them up, according to them."
He elaborates.
Why the fuck is Ross interfering me? Is he out of his fucking mind? My anger barometer goes off the scale, and I release it on the asshole in front of me.

I had punched and kicked him as many times as I couldn't count when I heard a voice approaching me.
"... I'll return to London when I finish taking care of this business here. By the way, what was the response from the London bank? ... No way. Just stop the deal. ... I said, stop it right now."

My beloved mother. How many shits will happen to me today?
"I didn't know you were here."
Her cold voice penetrates me like a knife as always.
"Is that what you say to your lovely son who you met for the first time in 6 months? How thoughtful."
I scoff, which affects her less than a breeze.
Without a single word, she makes her way to the dinning room and I, being starving as hell, follow her.

The maids bring our dishes right after we seat. It's ratatouille, I suppose. She silently digs in but stops her fork within a few seconds. Wiping the corner of her mouth, she summons her secretory, Ken Watanabe.
"What can I do for you, ma'am?"
"Would you bring the chef to me?"
She tells him and he doesn't waste a second to get out of here.

A few minutes later, the chef, Pierre comes in with Watanabe behind him.
"Good evening, madam. Did you call for me?"
He asks with thick French accent.
She slightly rises the corner of her lips and states,
"Don't come here from tomorrow. Watanabe, find a new chef."
She seemed to not be able to hear Pierre's cries and stayed still with a creepy small smile on her face until he was literally dragged out of the room.

————

Josephine

"Jo, wake up! Dinner's ready!"
Katherine's loud voice brings me back to reality and I find out I've slept for 3 hours. I must have been more exhausted than I thought.

Gathering at the dining table we stare at what spread before us. Tonight's dishes are breads and small chicken steaks for each of us.
I know, it's far from decent dinner but why can I complain?
The moment Kat was about to put a piece of chicken into her mouth, my dad halted her.
"Wait a minute, Kat. If you eat bread with only the chicken's smell first, you can enjoy it twice!"
"Oh my god, dad, you're genius!"
Her face lights up as though she found a long-lost treasure by chance.
Are they insane? I don't even want to believe we share the same blood. I roll my eyes at their incomprehensible excitement.

But then, I realized that it's me that make them force to save money for my education. It's my fault that we can't put enough food on our dining table everyday. Adding to the bullies I'm receiving these days, I get more regretful for entering this school.

"Hey, Jo! You should try it, too!"
My dad's cheerful voice irritates me a lot, because I know they aren't actually having fun in thrifting.
"Stop!"
I couldn't stop myself for yelling at him.
"Stop acting like you're enjoying economizing everything like that! I know it's not fun in fact."
Tears threatens to come out as I utter.
"What happened, Jo?"
Kat puts her hand on my shoulder but I jerk away.
"You're pushing it! And I'm done with all your pretending now!"
Standing on my feet, I hurry to my room before tears fall from my eyes. Just a second before I enter my room, I shout without even looking back at them,
"You know what? It's useless to save money just to let me go to Flower high!"
before I lock my door and curl up in my bed, soaking the pillow with my tears.

🌻A.N.🌻
Thank you for reading! Sorry that these chapters are sad like hell... But I promise it will be more like a happy story in a few more chapters so please hold on🙏
Anyway, what did you think when you found out Ross's true feelings?? Let me know your opinions!
Stay tuned :)

Kaia Gomez🦋