Chapter 21🌹

Josephine

"... An off-seasonal cold wave will hit California today. We're gonna have a high in the upper 30s and a low down to the upper 20 degrees in the night. Also, it possibly starts raining this afternoon. I'm sure it'll definitely be a though day for Californians, guys! Ooooh."

The forecast woman obviously having too much makeup on says in the TV. It's Sunday morning, and I'm having breakfast with my family in the dining room now.
Today is the day Hero told me to meet him. Yeah, I do remember that. More specifically, I can't get that off my mind ever since that day for fuck's sake.

I kept wondering what he really expects from this "date" thing day after day, and I finally found the answer. All he wants is to embarrass me by making me wait for him who will never come for hours to expose that to the entire school next Monday. This is exactly what that asshole will do considering his previous deeds.
Unfortunately, however, I'm not that stupid to be fooled by you Hero. Ha!!

Since my schedule is free today, I text Joey to hang out with me and she, of course, agrees at once. That's my best friend!

"Jo!!"
A few minutes later, she knocks the front door of our apartment.
"Morning, Joey!"
Opening it, I smile. She's shivering from the cold air just like me.
"Morning! So what will we do?"
"Well, how about shopping? I want to buy some clothes because it's too cold today and I don't think I can survive tonight with my thin pajamas."
"You're brilliant! Yeah, I'm gonna need a pair of wool socks like my grandma's otherwise I'll freeze to death."
"Now let's go before our feet freeze."
And we start walking to the mall.

————

Hero

I'm gonna go on a date with her. I'm gonna go on a date with her...
I repeated this over and over in my head, maybe I said it out loud a few times, last night, which let me have no sleep in the end.

As soon as my alarm rings, I get up and head to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, black circles are visible under my eyes. Fuck!
I can't help but run my fingers through my hair since I wanted to make this date perfect. She deserves perfect things because she is perfect, you know? Since I admitted to myself that I actually liked her, I kept falling for her deeper and deeper every time I saw her, and I was reminded that there is no one that is compatible with her. She's just the best.

Sighing I start taking a shower. I hope the hot water will make these ugly bags better.
After washing my hair as well as my body twice each, I finally then off the water and get out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist.

I open the window, welcomed by the cold wind and the goosebumps automatically appear on my bare skin. Fuck, it's fucking cold. The only thing I like about California is this calm weather, and now it's gone, huh? How lovely!!
Although I'm cursing at subtle things as usual, I feel my lips are curled up into a full grin. And I won't deny this is her fault. She makes me soft against my will.

Trying on all the clothes I have, I finally decide to keep it simple so she, who is poor as shit, won't be intimidated by my outfit.

I heard that she loves black, so I wear only black today

I heard that she loves black, so I wear only black today. Yes, I might be whipped for that girl a little.
A few pushes of my fragrance later, from Salvatori Ferragamo as you know, I get out of my house and get in the limo with a stupid smile on my face.

After 10 minutes, my ride pulls over to the sidewalk and I step out, running at a dogtrot to the bench I designated as our meeting place. My watch says it's still 12:30, which means I arrived too early. Who can blame me though?
Plus, she should come here 5 minutes beforehand or I'm gonna make her pay for it. Yet again, my dimples helplessly pop up as I count every second waiting for her.

————

Josephine

"So you asked me on a date while you're already asked on one by that Satan? Wow, you're savage, Jo."
Joey bitterly laughs, from which I feel kind of a guilt for some reason. Still, I defend myself.
"Why do I have to satisfy his ego by willingly embarrassing myself? Hell no!!"
"But what if it was just a date?"
Her question stops my feet.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, what if he asked you on a date because he likes you?"
She's dead serious but I can't help laughing.
"What?! Are you out of your mind, Joey? That's impossible!"
"Well, I doubt that. Besides, I don't think you hate him, either."
What!?!? Whilst I want to bite back with a million words, I can't utter any as though I'm paralyzed. She, on the other hand, continues with a smirk,
"I know you're constantly looking at your watch today, Jo. Now, why don't you see if it was truly a trick or not?"
"But it's already 4 o'clock
a few raindrops hit my head and it becomes torrential in a moment. If her theory was true, he would be drenched to the skin right now. I begin to worry him despite all the shits he's done to me. Why am I so naive?

Perhaps my mind is directly pictured on my face, she urges me,
"Go, Jo. Otherwise you might regret it."
And I hurry to Two Rodeo Drive.

I honestly don't know why I'm running for someone who must be somewhere else, laughing at me. But I just feel I have to.

When I approach the meeting place, I am such a breathless mess. You're the biggest idiot because he mustn't be waiting for you, Jo. My subconscious says, which I totally agree. However, I cannot stop myself from checking if he's there or not to my patheticness.

Inhale. Exhale.

Then I turn the corner to see the bench, not knowing why I'm so nervous.

There's an empty bench before me as I imagined. But there's also a man standing near it without an umbrella, shaking from this freezing air.

He was there.

🌻A.N.🌻
Thank you for reading!
Hero was waiting all those times when Josephine was hanging out with Joey😭
What did you think about this pure Hero??
Stay tuned❤️

Kaia Gomez🦋