Chapter 32🌹

Josephine

"This ring is from your store, right?"

Gavin asks the manager of this extremely expensive jewelry shop. To my luck, that ring's logo mark was familiar to my detective buddy.

"You're always so sharp, Mr. Leatherwood. This is one-of-a-kind item."
Really?! That means the owner of the ring is only one in this world. And it is none other than the asshole who took the damn pictures. We're so close.
I mentally do a happy dance.

"Who bought it?"
Gavin presses with a grin, which makes the manager obviously troubled.
"I am so sorry but I can't tell you about our customers information, sir."
Then, Gavin's smirk grows wider and eviler somehow as turning his back to him.
"In that case, I have no reason to hesitate to open a new men's boutique next door, do I?"
A pure horror is evident on that poor man behind my devilish buddy now.

He ponders for a few seconds before calling for one of his clerk and saying,
"Hey! Will you get a coffee from the Starbucks next to Club X, Ms. Rodriguez? Club X at the corner!!!"

I'm sure he's giving us a clue though he's pretending to speak to his staff. Gavin's influence is already undeniable despite his young age.

"Okay then, will you deliver every clothes here to my home?"
He brightly smiles at him.
This rich kid. I roll my eyes behind him when we get out of the boutique.

"Oh! I know this club! It's where my one of my girlfriends is working."
Googling the club's name, he states.
"Do you have anywhere which your girls aren't at?"
"Hmmm. That's a good question actually."
He's dead serious, and I can't help letting out a sarcastic laugh at him.

Casting my eyes to the front, an unbelievable sight spreads before me.

Why is Hero walking next to Lili?

Them walking side by side stings my heart like a knife, which forces me to halt my feet. Gavin notices them, too, and calls for their attention. Well, THANK YOU SO MUCH, Gavin!!!!!

"Yo! Hero!! Are you looking for the culprit like us?"
He says and it's now that Hero recognize us, a frown taking over his face at once. With a scoff, he answers in a cold voice,
"Of course, not."
My heart cracks a bit even though he already told me that whether I'm innocent or not is none of his business. I unconsciously cast down my eyes to the ground as my heart sinks to it.
To be honest, I'm sad rather than mad at this point. I don't know why though.

"Then, what are you doing?"
Gavin pushes with curiosity. I wish he didn't ask him, I whisper in my head though it was too late. Bad lack of me.
Hero, on the other hand, opens his mouth and utters as if it is the most natural thing in the world,
"Can't you see? We're on a date."

My heart shutters as soon as those words leave his lips against my will. I feel so vulnerable right now.
He didn't like me as much as he claimed, did he? That's why he moved on this quickly. And his new girl is my only friend at school, huh? How sick it is.
I don't get why I'm so upset yet my eyes helplessly brim with tears. He doesn't mean anything to me so I should feel nothing when he says he doesn't give a shit about me either. Nevertheless, why do I care about it so much? What the actual fuck is wrong with me?

My mind was in a tornado when he passed me by with her without a single glance after telling her to follow him.

Did I really lose him? Is there really nothing I can do to take him back? I'm so insane to think like these whilst he's not my boyfriend or anything in reality. Also, it sounds too selfish for me to want him by my side when he turned his back to me while I rejected him before that.
But I just can't help fighting for us because I've got a feeling that it's worth it somewhere deep inside me.