Chapter 28🌹

Joey

Where is this place?? A hotel?? But there is no taxi or a bellboy at the front door. Too suspicious.

"Come in, Joey! Make yourself at home!!"
Shane calls me from inside the building. Home? So this huge mansion is his house?! So Flower high students are really out of my league. Jo was not exaggerating at all. Even though I'm mad at him and Gavin for kidnapping me like that earlier, I can't help but admire the gorgeousness of his house.

Without a single blink I step into the entrance and am immediately greeted by a lot of men in black suits just like subordinates greet their boss in mafia movies, which doesn't fail to startle me.

"Don't you fucking act like this is your house, Shane!"
Gavin playfully punches his arm. Oh, so this is Gavin's.
"So what? Are you the boss of underground world or something?"
I joke to Gavin but he maintains a straight face and utters,
"You shouldn't know about me, cutie."
Then he gives me a smirk. Ok, now I need to escape from here, otherwise my dead body will be found tomorrow morning...!
However, they lead me down the hall with mafia-like men following us before I make my way to the outside. Oh my god. I'm gonna die!!!

A moment later, we get into a dining room that is ten times as large as mine, and seat at the longest table I've ever seen in my life. My heart is beating crazily fast because of the fear right now. What are they gonna do to me??

It is Shane that breaks the silent first.
"So... I suppose you're wondering why we brought you here all of a sudden."
I silently nod yes as I swallow the non-existing saliva in my mouth.
"That's because we want to ask you about Hero and Josephine's relationship."
He states in such a serious voice.
"What!? So you're not planning to murder me?"

They look at each other in surprise before bursting into a fit of laughter. Thank god. I'm saved. But what do they want to know about them anyway? My curiosity overcame the life threatening terror at this point.

"What do you want to know about them?"
"We need to know if Josephine has a will to date with Hero or not. Since he's the inherent of the biggest financial group in the world, he can't waste his time for some girl who's not serious about him."
Gavin says and Shane continues his words,
"Also, Hero is the type that gets blinded by love so we're worried."

"I don't understand why you need to be nosy about their relationship."
I spit in irritation because it doesn't make sense. Why are they trying to control other people's feelings like that? That is just insane.

"We're totally fine if they're just messing around with each other, but things will turn their back against them if they are serious, you know?"
Despite his tender tone, Shane's words are nothing but gasoline to my anger.
"I don't understand you guys at all! Do you even know what you're saying actually? You should know their feelings are not what you can do something for. Now if you'll excuse me."

Then I stomp out of the room and go straight outside though I have no idea where I am. I guess I have to walk back to yogurtland with google map thanks to those protective friends of Hero who bullied my best friend.
Ughhhh.

————

Gavin

"... Now if you'll excuse me."
This chic is really annoying. I, being a woomanizer, love most types of girls but there are a few ones I can't stand for any minute on this planet. And she is one of the minorities for sure.
"We have to go after her."
Shane tries to run out, too.
"No. There's no use doing that, bro."
As I say so I sigh in defeat.

She's definitely the last girl I want to date with.

————

Josephine

I hear birds humming outside. That means I'm still alive, right? I never doubted that yesterday was the date that would be written on my grave stone.
Relieved, I instantly release a deep sigh. But then, one question pops into my mind ; How did I come home last night? I don't have any memory after I passed out on the floor.
Wait. Am I even in my room now? I get anxious in a blink of an eye as I slowly open my eyes to find out the truth like children peek from between their fingers to see if there is a ghost.

The first thing I see is a white, high ceiling which is certainly not my room's. Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit!!!!!!!! I'm in a full panic now. What should I do? You have to get out of here as soon as you can, idiot! My beloved subconscious tells me so I quickly get up from bed and stand up, only to feel the cool air hitting all over my body including where aren't supposed to. It isn't until now I realized I'm naked. I'm fucking naked after I fucking lost my consciousness!!!! How fucked up is that?????

Does it mean I had sex with someone? ...!!!!!!!
Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!
If that's the case, I gave my precious purity to a stranger! Gosh. I would be the real slut!!!

I sprint back to the bed and frantically look for the "proof" that I actually lost my virginity.
After I went through the whole sheet three times straight, I finally concluded I didn't do it to my biggest relief. There is nothing more relieving than this moment to be truly honest.

I take a few deep breaths before picking up my clothes scattered on the floor and getting dressed. Within a minute my body is covered by clothes, which finally let me dash to my home.

I didn't do it. I never, ever did it last night...
I repeat this sentence over and over again in my head since I went back to my house. When I was getting ready for school, the fact that finding no proof doesn't confirm my innocence hit me harder than a thunder.
Hence, there is no other way to calm myself other than brainwashing myself that I'm not guilty.

I didn't do it. I didn't do it. I didn't d...
During my indoctrinating session, I bump into something right after I get out of my apartment building.
"Hey!! What the fuck were you doing? It's already noon, Langford!!!"
The thick English accent is showered above me, and I now realized it was not something but someone that I collided. And that someone is none other than Hero.
What is he doing here?

"Why are you here?"
"I was just passing by."
"But your house is the other of the town, right?"
Once I ask him, he awkwardly looks away from me and scratches the back of his neck as if being shy...?
"Why does it matter, huh???"
His raging voice stops me from pushing him further but I get a feeling that he was waiting for me to come out of my house for some reason. And it helplessly makes my heart swell somehow.

"Why are you smiling like that?"
He angrily blames me, which lets me know I am actually smiling. Damn it! Why am I so soft with him these days?
"No, I'm not."
Regaining my poker face I reply as I pass him by, only to be halted by a firm grip of his on my wrist.
"Wait. I'll drive you to school so get in."
Then his usual limo pulls over before us.
As much as I want to decline his offer, I aspire to get to our school fast, so I take it in this time.

"Thank you."
I tell him the moment we get out of the car. He doesn't say anything back nor even glances at me. Yet, I witness the corner of his lips turn into such a stupid grin for a brief second. Dishonest asshole.
Whilst cursing under my breath, I can't help but mirror his expression in the end.

🌻A.N.🌻
Thank you for reading!
Were your predictions correct?😊 I think this is not what you imagined but this is the original story so I hope you'll bear with it😰
See you in the next chapter!
Stay tuned❤️

Kaia Gomez🦋