Chapter 11🌹

Josephine

Hero keeps standing in front of me with a death glare.

"Poor little Josephine Langford is trying to pretend to be rich."
He suddenly lets out a dry laugh looking at my lunch, and continues.
"The truly wealthy man like me knows better than to tell genuine things apart from fakes, you filthy mouse!"
Screaming at me, he picks up a shrimp from my my lunch box and throws it on the ground as if littering garbage. That shrimp is not only an important food to me but the symbol of my parents' love for me, and he dumped it.

This is unforgivable.

I feel a fire of anger ignites inside me, which I think he senses, too. Scanning my face with a smirk, he slowly raises his right foot and places it on the shrimp lying on the floor. With a small crushing sound, it breaks apart under his shoe with no choice. He crushed the love from my most important people in the whole world as a part of his fucking game.

That. Is. It.

Like a dam bursts, my rage floods through my veins and heats every cell of my body in a millisecond.

"Is there something wrong here?"
His mocking tone fills this quiet room filled with bunch of bystanders.

"You might be a rich, spoiled boy or something, but what does someone who has never earned a single penny on their own like you know about living? Don't be so full of it, asshole!!"

With a shout, my right firm fist connects with his jaw as perfectly as even that Muhammad Ali would praise. He falls down by the impact from my punch, and looks me up with dropping his jaw in astonishment. I can clearly hear people suck in sharp breaths. His evident as well as everyone in this cafeteria's upset is even funny to me. Who said I'm too weak to rebel against the emperor?

Standing next to his head, I go on.
"If you come to me from behind or above me, I'll never run away from you. I declare war!"

Feeling refreshed from releasing my stress at the biggest asshole in this cosmos, I start walking out the door.
When I find Ross staring at from the F4 space, I witness his genuine smile for the first time since I met him.
And I won't deny that my heart forgot its rhythm for a while.

————

Hero

What the fuck happened now?

I'm still unable to coherent the whole situation here. A second after hearing her scream, I was lying on the floor like an idiot.

Was I punched by that bitch? But how? How was it possible for her to revolt me when no one ever could? And she declared war to me? Does she think as if she's a fucking god to proclaim something to me? What the actual fuck??

Now I'm feeling the most overwhelming fury I've ever experienced. However, her words reminded me a memory from my past at that time.

"Don't be so full of it, asshole!"

There was the only person who showered me the exact same words before.
The only woman I allowed to call me names.

————

Josephine

I did something great yesterday in both good and bad meanings. But I don't regret what I did because it was definitely the right thing to do for my family.

Looking in a mirror in my bathroom, I nod my head toward the young woman who looks exactly the same as yesterday morning yet a bit brighter now.

My lunch box is placed on the same spot as usual and I put it into my bag but with extra care for maintain its balance in order not to ruin my mom's cookings a bit. I'm finally done preparing for school and go out to the street which leads to my school.

The moment I was waiting for a signal to turn into green, a limo pulled over in front of me. From its door, a tall, lean figure appears and it didn't take any second for me to recognize it was Hero. You've got to be kidding me!

Turning around, I reluctantly sprint into the opposite direction from my school because being late for school is far better than being caught by the Satan. However, he is faster than me, of course. He firmly grabs my hand and drags me to his car.

"Get off of me, motherfucker!!"
I cuss at him.
"Shut up, Langford, and just get in the fucking car!"
He barks back.
"What if I refuse?"
He scoffs at my challenge and runs his fingers  through his hair.
"You're really an annoying bitch. You know that, don't you?"
"Who do you think you are to call me names, you asshole!"
"And who do YOU think you are to call me names, huh?"
He's unbelievable. I try to escape from his grip still he's stronger than me.

"Withdraw your words."
He, out of nowhere, blurts out.
"What?"
What is he talking about?
"You declared war yesterday, remember? Take it back."
"No chance."
I reply cynically laughing. He runs his fingers through his hair again. I'm sure he would become bald if he stayed with me for a year because of stress. Haha.

"100 million dollars."
He says.
"Huh?"
"I'll give you 100 million dollars if you do as I say. I'll pay you more if necessary."
Is he joking? I mean how many zeros are there after 1 in 100 million dollars? 8?!
My eyes widen in surprise. I mean, my family would be able to live easier did we have that amount of money.
"Are you kidding me?"
I ask him.
"Of course not. Now, what do you say?"
I think about it for a second and answer,
"No."
It's his turn to widen his eyes.
"What do you mean 'no'?"
"I said I won't accept your money nor will I turn down what I said yesterday."
I state with finality.
"But the truth is you want it, isn't it? I know you paused for a second before you answered."
He plasters such an annoying smug on his face and my hands automatically turn into fists.
"No, it's not."
I growl between my teeth.
"Yes, it is. That's how it works in this world, Langford. You can buy anything if only you have money. And you're one of those I can get with my wallet."
He laughs with dead eyes. I even pity him now.
"There are things you need to gain without money, you dumbass! I'll never, ever surrender to your feet. Don't treat me like an average girl!"
I snap at him, looking straight into his emerald green eyes. His grip gradually loosens as I maintain an eye contact with him.

I don't overlook the chance to free my hand from him and quickly walk away to go to school. It's already 9:00, which means I'm late without a doubt. What a great morning!

————

Hero

Her reaction was anything but I expected to tell the truth. Knowing her poverty, I had a confidence that she would beg me for money and desperately take the deal. But not only those weren't the case, she even challenged me AGAIN!! What. The. Fuck.

Her unpredictability furies me more than Tessa and Zed's kiss does Hardin in After We Collided. What? After series are my guilty pleasure, bitches!!

When she looked me in the eyes, however, I felt something odd. Something that I've never felt before. Never had I seen such a color of eyes until her. And I was forced to drown in her blue-grey oceans by some invisible unknown power. It felt like I was under her spell, which I disliked the most.

I've got to come up with a new plan to destroy her.

🌻A.N.🌻
Thank you for reading!
Who do you think Hero remembered when Josephine punched him? You'll find out in a few chapters😏
Stay tuned :)

Kaia Gomez🦋