Chapter 51🌹

Hero

"Good."
Says the devil in front of me.
Here it goes. My glare intensifies yet it only amuses her more to my annoyance. What the fuck is she thinking?
With a smirk, she continues.
"I'm going to give you two options if that rat loses today. Or should I say 'when she loses'?"
My face distorts in anger. The fact that she's damn sure Langford will lose in the TOW furies me but her beating around the bush also get to my nerves. Cut the short and just say it already!
To contain my rage, I slowly nod, urging her to go on.
"One, you will keep seeing her and watch me destroy her and her loved ones."
I snort in disgust because I know she knows too well that I will never choose this option if I had to risk my life.
"We both know that's the last thing I would do. So now tell me. What's the other option, mother?"
Sarcastically, I ask her. It is obvious that she wants to realize the other option at this point. But what would it be?

She laughs as if I said something hilarious.
"I thought so. Then I guess you have no choice but to choose the option two, which is..."
She comes closer, taking time step by step before she grins.
"You will go back to London and forget about her."
I take in a sharp breath as my eyes widen. So this is her true agenda. Although she's playing the worst card here, I have to agree with this to protect her in case she should loses today, which I don't think will happen.
I believe in you, Langford.
I tell her in my mind.
"Deal."
Looking at my mother straight in the eye, I declare.

There's no going back from now on.

————

Josephine

"The attendees are wanted to be at the stage wing."
The announce sounds from the speaker, meaning I have to get my ass up and go now. With wobbling knees, I stand up and walk head to where I'm needed. Just when I make the turn, however, a calm, beautiful voice says my name and halts me.
"Josephine! I'm honored that I can be on the same stage with you."
Zendaya smiles just as politely as her words. Wow, she wasn't trying to act nice earlier but is is just kind by nature. Thinking so, I somehow feel jealous of her.
"The honor is mine."
I reply with a small smile and leave quickly so I can get away from her sooner since she makes me believe she's the one Hero needs when she's around me. She's everything I'm not and has everything I don't. I know I'm being unreasonable and paranoid, though. Shit.

"Stand in the line with the girls who are from the same country as you."
A woman who seems to be the director instructs me once I arrive at the wing. There are about 30 girls all looking gorgeous and rich here. My confidence shrinks smaller and smaller the more I look around in need of searching for the line for American candidates. You must be wondering why I'm looking for the Americans even though I'm originally from Australia. The thing is, since I'm going to school in America now, I needed to be the American representative.
Anyway, I finally find the familiar uniforms of my school. Oh, there is another girl from Flower high. I can't tell who she is because I can only see her but I'm sure she used to bully me since everyone in my school did. Ugh. I hope she's not that hostile to me anymore. Well, at least not as much as to want to end me.

However, God decided to torture me after all. The moment I catch the glimpse of her side profile. You've got to be kidding me.
It's Dove.
Why on earth did it have that witch who desire my head more than anything when there are millions of other beautiful girls in the United States of America?????? Why, God??????
I mentally whine and cry like a child who needs to take an injection.
"Looks like a filthy rat happened to wander into this contest. Eww. Stinks."
Dove makes a scowl as she exclaims, eyeing me up and down. Here it goes.
"Oh really? It must be you because your hair looks sticky with too much oil. You forgot to take a shower, didn't you?"
I bite back and take her off guard. Her widen eyes amuse me but they soon turn into slits.
"You're gonna regret this, bitch."
She snarls me and so do I.
"It's on, bitch."