Chapter 8🌹

Josephine

The longest day at school has come to an end and I cannot be more delighted. The relief I can leave this shittiest place on earth in a few minutes even brings the tears at bay.

Grabbing what I need for my homework from my locker, I was ready to leave when I heard my name called.
"Josephine Langford."
"Yes?"
As soon as I look to where the voice came from, I instinctively get a feeling something bad will happen. In front of my eyes are 3 boys who are gazing at me as if I'm a prey.

"What do you want?"
I spit covering my inner anxiety. My heart is pounding hard on my chest and sweat overlays on my forehead. They say nothing, but one of them grips my wrist as firmly as his digits turns into white and drags me to somewhere with them.
"Stop! Get away from me, motherfucker!"
I cuss at them with every dirty word that would probably make my priest pass out, which does nothing to get me out of this situation.

They stop in front of the experimental room and squeeze me into it with irresistible force.
My hips hit onto the floor in the room and in a second they are hovering over me. Their nasty touches are on my body while their disgusting breaths fan my face.

I'm going to be violated by them.

"Help! Somebody please! Help me!"
I scream at the top of my lungs against the bile coming up to my throat.
"Shout the fuck up, bitch!"
One of their filthy hands covers my mouth and the last hope I counted on was deprived. Of all the things they've done to me, this is by far the worst and I honestly can't despise Hero who told them to do this more than now.

I screw shut my eyes so to escape from this most disgusting deed of them by thinking about something better, something happy at least in my head, in contrast to the reality.

I feel a finger tags at the hem of my panties and a resignation envelope my whole body. I'm done, I thought.

A second later, however, the hot breaths along with the grossest touches on my body disappear, and three different groans in pain fill the room. What happened? I want to check what's going on around me with my own eyes yet they won't open against my will. It's like my body has been separated from my brain because of what happened earlier. There was nothing I could do except lying on the floor with my eyes shut before a familiar voice was cast from above.

"It's you, again."
I instantly know it's Ross's voice. I slowly open my eyes as my body reconnects to my brain second by second. When my vision gets clear, I see his arm stretched toward me to help me get up. My trembling hand manages to grab it and I feel my butt leave the ground thanks to his help. His hand is so warm against my shaking one. Once I try to take one step forward, my knees break and I can't help sitting back to where I was. All the energy has been drained is how I feel now. It's seems impossible for me to move an inch from here. Anger, fear, sadness, disgust, relief... too many emotions mingle into tears and my cheeks get wet in a brief.

Some stretch of silence encases the two of us while my quiet sobs echo in the room. He's too silent that I doubt if he's still here.

"A cleaning woman."

His sudden utterance makes me jump. What does he mean by that? I have no idea what he's talking about.

"W...what?"
I say between the hiccups.
"There was a cleaning woman at the fire escape. I thought I finally found a quiet place for me to read but you disturbed me again."
He give me a small smile, which makes my tears warm as well as my freezing heart. He's like a heater in the winter to me.
"Thank you."
I tell him sincerely.

He, then, leans down to me and scoops me up in his arms to my surprise.
Oh no! Had I not eaten that much lunch today!
"You don't have to carry me! I'm heavy for you."
I protest.
"I don't mind."
He slightly laughs yet never puts me down.
So... he does think I'm heavy? How shameful!!
I'm hurt from his reply and my cheeks turn into tomato-red, but I don't say anything back.

When we reach the entrance, I thought he would let me go. On the contrary, in fact, he doesn't and places me on the back seat of the limo instead. It's his limo, I'm sure.
"I can go back home by myself, Ross. So just let me go."
"I'll drive you home."
His voice has a dignity that I cannot rebel so I reluctantly give in.

"Why did you save me?"
I ask the question which occupies my head after he rescued me.
"You're one of the F4 who handed me a red notice in the first place. Why did you help me?"
I ask again.
"Don't think like I want to be nice to you. I just hate those things."
His voice is flat and his face is neutral as if he has no heart inside him, which sends a chill down to my spine. I nod my head to show I understand it.

After that, not a single sound has been emitted from either of us till the car eventually pull over in front of my apartment.
"Thank you for everything."
I thank him once I'm outside the limo. Nevertheless, he doesn't say anything nor looks at me. His car doesn't waste time to start moving and disappear into the end of the road.

I enter my room and hurry into my bed not bothered to change my clothes. Before I drift into sleep I text Joey that I can't come to work today. She replies she'll tell the chief for me so I thank her and apologize for my absence.

The moment my right thumb pressed "send", my vision went black and the drowsiness attacked me. Believe it or not, I think I saw a blond hair and a pair of chocolate-brown eyes the very moment I entered my dream.

🌻A.N.🌻
Thank you for reading!
Next chapter will start with boys' povs.
Stay tuned!

Kaia Gomez🦋