Chapter 24🌹

Josephine

Looking at the man sleeping in front of me, I sigh.
I don't know what's going on in my mind now. He's a jerk and I hate him so much, yet a part of me has a different feeling toward him which I don't know what it is.

I didn't think he would apologize to me. I was very sure there was not a word "sorry" in his dictionary till today.
This is too ridiculous but I was glad to hear his apology and thought I wanted to try to forgive him somehow. I'm such a naive idiot. I know.

My eyelids gets heavier so I lie down on the floor, keeping a decent distance from him. Of course I do maintain an appropriate space because a large part of me still hates him.
I put my bag under my head making it a temporary pillow which isn't comfortable at all but who can complain? Plus, one of my virtues is that I can sleep wherever I am, therefore I think I'll be sleeping in a second anyway.

As my expectation, my conscious starts drifting to a dream as soon as I feel calm. And to my surprise, the thing that's comforting me the most right now is Hero's slow breathing.
What is he dreaming about? Does he have dreams in the first place? Wait, why am I thinking about him?? Maybe I'm too tired now. So I give in and let my brain being occupied with the thoughts concerned with him. It has to be uncomfortable considering our relationship, nevertheless, I become half asleep within a minute. And the moment sleep takes over my whole body, my mouth manages to utter on its own will.
"Good night, Hero."

I'm slowly taking back my consciousness after I don't know how many hours since I passed out. In sipe of the circumstance, I could sleep like a baby the whole night. It's strange but that's me.

I feel something warm and comfortable underneath me, and I think it's moving.
What is it? With a half sleeping brain, I can't make out what it is so I reluctantly open my eyes.

...!! What the fuck!?!?!?!?

Before my eyes is his chest! I was sleeping on him!! Also I now realized that our legs are intertwined like a puzzle ring. Oh my god!!!!!! Why the hell did I end up here????? I'm panicking!!!

Then, a loud noise sounds from the elevator door, and a few middle-aged men wearing working clothes appears. A huge relief swallows me.
"What are you doing here? This building is supposed to be closed!"
One of them yells before his scowl replaced with a knowing smirk.
"Wait, oh I get that. If you do something like that, you have to do it in your house or a motel room young people."
What?! Is this prick kidding me? Yeah, I'm still lying on his body and that's why he said something gross like that. This is too embarrassing!
I quickly stand up and soothe the wrinkles on my clothes as though nothing happened. I mean, nothing happened against the situation though they would never believe me. Ugh.

I hear a groan coming from the floor and Hero gets up with rubbing his eyes shortly after.
"We're ok now. Let's get out of here."
I tell him without even looking and hurry to the outside. Following me from behind, he calls me once we get out of the building.
"Hey, Langford!"
"What?"
I angrily spit. As I turn back to him, his lips are pressed on mine.
What is happening here? What is he doing? Holy shit! WHAT THE FUCK IS HE DOING TO ME??????
I freeze from the shock for a few seconds, but when I finally regain sanity I step back and slap his cheek with all the energy inside me.

I'm too mad to cast a single bad word to him, so I begin to run to my home as if a mad dog.
Who does he think he is to kiss me?? All the kisses I've experienced are with him and how sick it is!!!! Ugh!!!!!!!!!