Chapter 43🌹

Josephine

"... Jo! Are you with me?"
Ross waves his hand in front of me and snaps me out of my deep thoughts about him. Why can't I just stop thinking about him and enjoy my time with Ross who was... I mean, still is my dream guy? Stupid Jo.
"Sorry, what were you saying?"
Feeling guilty and embarrassed, I ask.
"It's ok. I said 'what do you want to eat?'"
He giggles, which decreases my nervousness a bit.

I'm honestly not hungry though I skipped my breakfast this morning due to this heavy invisible stone on my chest which became heavier after my unexpected encounter with Hero this morning. It is really annoying to think that I can't even enjoy my meals because of that bastard so I decide to stuff my stomach with food against my feeling. My stomach is empty anyway.
"Well, how about going to In-N-Out? I love burgers and they have the best of those!"
"Oh! I've never been to those fast food restaurants."
He says matter-of-factly. I'm shocked for a millisecond but I remember who he is. Of course he hasn't been to In-N-Out because he's a son of the CEO of god damn Amazon!! It was such a silly remark. I mentally facepalm myself.
"Right I'm sorry for that stupid suggestion. Where do you recommend?"
He smiles at me and replies,
"No no. I'd love to go to In-N-Out. I'm excited."
He's so sweet that it almost hurts. If it were Hero, he would scoff and mock me then bring me to the restaurant where he usually goes. And we would have a quarrel which I secretly like... Shit! I was thinking about him again.

"Really?"
"Yes. I would love to go everywhere you like, Jo."
Wow. My stomach churns for his sincerity. I can see that he really cares for me by his tone, which supposed to make my heart warm. Which supposed to make thousands of butterflies come to life in my gut. However, all it does is tightening my chest like a rope. I try hard not to let it show on my face.
"Thanks."
Smile Jo! Smile! And I flash the best smile I can manage, hoping he won't notice the wince behind it. He stares at me for a few seconds in silence as if looking into my heart before taking my hand. I didn't expect this but I don't pull my hand away because his touch as well as his gaze are too gentle to do so. You're such a hypocrite. My subconscious glares at me, which I can't bite back as I am one.

"Let's go, shall we?"
I nod my head and we start walking while I let out a breath I unconsciously held.

————

Hero

"What the fuck are you doing here?"
I growl like a beast. I have neither time nor energy for her bullshit right now.
"What are you doing here, Mr. Tiffin? Are you stalking your crush?"
She smirks as though she already knows the answer and comes closer. Despite her delicate figure, she has some extraordinary atmosphere inside that's radiating from her. Instinctively, I step back.
"That's none of your fucking business."
"Harsh as always."
She lets out a chuckle before continuing.
"But your mother doesn't think it's only your business, I suppose."
What?
For a moment, I lost my breath. Why does this bitch knows about my mother? Are they connected?
"What do you mean?"
My voice is alarmed and unsteady, reflecting my mind. And her grin widens.
"Your mother reaches out for me yesterday and asked me to destroy you and Josephine's relationship."
What!? The devil who unfortunately happens to be my mother contacted with this chick?
I, again, freeze with my wide eyes fixed on Lili.
"But I guess she didn't even need to ask me to because you guys are done by yourselves, right? And now, she's already seeing Ross, who is your best friend."
Amused, she laughs like a witch. All my blood heats with anger instantly as my fists clench on my sides.
"Shut up before I break your face to the point where you're no longer recognizable."
I threat her. Although she's a woman, I don't know if I can keep myself if she continues. On contrary to my state, she doesn't seem to be affected at all. She starts,
"Then go ahead and beat me up, Mr. Tiffin. Do what you want to do to me because I changed this face for you anyway. I'm all yours, sir. And then, why do you keep chasing after some bitch like her? She's not that beautiful!! She won't do anything for you but I will. If you tell me to kill myself for you, then I will gladly obey, Mr. Tiffin! Just love me! Love me till you can't look at anything other than me!!!!"
By the end of her speech, she's screaming. She's the complete psychopath.
"You're too insane."
I coldly tell her but she smiles. Creepy little bitch.
"I'm just insanely in love with you. But what about her? Do you really think she loves you when she's seeing your best friend soon after things went wrong? I saw them walking hand in hand earlier and she looked really happy. Like she's already forgotten about you."