Chapter 19🌹

Hero

Today is the day where Selena is going back to Paris, and I'm at the LAX airport with my mates except Ross.
These 4 days, I haven't talked to him because of that shit I saw. I just can't forget about it also can't forgive him.
Honestly, I hesitated to see Selena off at the airport today since I was sure he would show up, which turned out to be wrong though. Knowing his crush on her, it was more impossible for him to not come to this farewell than for Hardin to forget Tessa's birthday. Again, I'm obsessed with After series. Is there any problem, bitch??? Now, fuck off!!
Anyway, what I want to say is that it is never the case for him to miss her departure like this, which even makes me worried about him now.

"It's time to go, guys."
Selena rises up from the bench.
"Selena! I... I'm sorry for being rude at that party."
I let out the words I held inside me.
I knew it wasn't fair of me to snap at her like that. I just couldn't help it because of fury, you know?
"I know, Hero. It's ok."
Giggling she replies.
My eyes finally meet hers and I smile. I can smile, for the record.
"You know we'll be rooting for you, don't you?"
"I'll be rooting for all of you, too. And don't forget to tell that to Ross. Got it?"
We three nod our head simultaneously.
As if it is her sign, she starts walking to the VIP boarding gate but a voice halts her feet.

"Selena!"

————

Josephine

These 4 days, I didn't speak to Ross nor see him. I do think my action crossed the border but I still believe that was the right thing to do. So I was never, ever going to apologize to him about what I did for him.

Last night, I received a message from Selena which said she wanted me to come to the airport on her departure. I didn't know if I should be there or not considering the other day, yet I'm running around the airport to find her now. Gosh where the hell is she???

I spot three tall frames standing in front of the VIP departure gate, which lets me know this is where she is. Approaching the gate I see Selena turning back and heading to it.
"Selena!"
I shout not bothering my noisiness. But it stops her and makes her look back to see me anyway. That's the point, isn't it?
"I'm sorry for being late."
I breathlessly apologize.
"Thank you for coming, Jo. I'm glad."
She gives me a smile which doesn't reach the eyes. Something is wrong.
Looking at the F4, I realize why she is sad now. She misses Ross just like he does. My heart aches for him even more. Stupid Ross, I can't help but say so silently.

"Oops! I was nearly missing the chance to give you this!"
With that, she receives a box from her assistant.
"I want you to keep these shoes because they looked fabulous on you, Jo."
Inside the box are the heels I borrowed at the party.
"But Sele..."
she, however, breaks into my words.
"There's an expression in France ; if a girl wears nice shoes, they will take her to a lovely place. So I want you to have these, Jo."
Her smile convinces me to take that box from her in the end.
"I'll do my best, too."
She states and goes into the gate without looking back, showing confidence in her decision. She is more than amazing. My lips involuntarily curl up into a grin.

"Ross!"
Shane's sudden utterance startles me but I don't waste any moment to look at him.
"What were you doing, man!"
"Since when you were here?"
Gavin and Shane press.
"About an hour or so. I've been watching you guys."
What the fuck? He was here all this time yet didn't say goodbye to her? What a coward he is!!
My blood boils in a second.
"Are you an idiot?"
These words leave my mouth before I notice, but I don't care.
"Go after her! If you love her that much, why don't you go after her wherever she goes? Are you satisfied with just watching her behind? What a coward you are!!!"
I scream fighting the tears annoyingly threatening to come out.
"I'm going."
His answer is unexpected.
"What?"
My voice is high-pitched, sounding like a real idiot.
"I'm going to Paris with her."
Then, he pulls out his passport as well as his flight ticket from his jacket and waves them.
"Ross..."
"Are you serious?"
Say Gavin and Shane. Their faces are plastered with both pride in him and sadness.

"Jo."
Ross steps forward to me with a small smile.
"I really liked that part of you. That strength that you have while I don't. You made me realize I can't keep hiding in the shadow anymore. Thank you."
He's such a nice person. That's why I liked him though.
A few happy tears stream down my cheeks. His thumbs gently scoop those drops and he leans forward, kissing my temple. His familiar warmth radiates to every part of my body like a ray of light. Goodbye, I whisper in my heart.

He begins walking to the gate but awkwardly passes Hero by.
"Wait, Ross!!!"
Hero's shout penetrates the air around us. Ross, on the other hand, halts yet not turns back to him.
"Are you really going?"
Unlike himself, Hero scream in a voice laced with sorrow, which tags at my heart.
"Why? Why the fuck didn't you tell me, you asshole?"
I can see his eyes watering at this point and that sight also hurts me somehow. Why am I sympathizing with my enemy??
Finally looking back to that pathetic Lucifer, Ross blurts out,
"Sorry."
Within a millisecond Hero is running to him looking furious and everyone near him tenses. He's gonna beat Ross up.
As I predict, he grabs Ross's collar and spits,
"We've been together for so long and why do we have to part like this? What the fuck is wrong with you, Ross? Why do you do shits suddenly?"
Tears are brimming down from his eyes like a waterfall. And Ross seems to be mirroring him.

"Hero... about the other day, I..."
"Who cares about that now! Hey, are you sure you're going?"
Ross doesn't respond. He can't, I assume.
"Don't mess with me, you moron! Are you sure you'll be OK without us? Answer me, Ross!"
Contrary to his aggressive tone, his words are filled with worries and kindness.
"Take care of yourself, Hero."
A sob escapes from Hero's lips. I feel my cheeks get wet and it is then that I realize I'm crying in fact.
"If you find a motherfucker there, tell us right away so we can fly to you. Promise me!"
"I promise. Thank you. I'll go now."
Now Ross slowly faces to the gate, giving me a nod at the end.

"Hey! Hero."
Gavin, all of sudden, hands him an apple and nods. I don't know what it means but he takes it anyway and calls Ross's name again. When he turns his head, Hero throws the apple and Ross catches it with a surprised look which has been replaced by a huge smile soon. After all, that smile never left his face until he disappeared from our sights.

We moved to the deck to see Ross's plane taking off. When it flew into the air, it was none other than Hero who kept waving to him longer than anyone else.

Not only Tony Stark but Hero Fiennes Tiffin had a heart.

I said it out loud in my mind, which helplessly made me smile like crazy.

🌻A.N.🌻
Thank you for reading!!
This chapter was a proof that Hero has a heart😂
Josephine's feelings for Hero have been changing recently... 👀
What do you think will happen next?
Stay tuned!!

P.S.
Apples are kind of important throughout the story. 🍎

Kaia Gomez🦋