Chapter 2

| Unknown POV |

I stared at the news on the tv in front of me. I was right.....he broke. Tonight, I will bring him to his new home. I smirked to myself and grabbed another drink.

| Dekus POV |

I stared at the ceiling. They said I damaged my spine from the way I landed causing me to be paralyzed from my waist down. They said with therapy the chance of me walking away, is very high. I has staples in my skull and has casts on both arms.

I hadn't been able to keep food down the past 3 days so they put me in a liquid diet. I looked out the window and saw the city. The lights bouncing off the dark sky.

Yesterday I was sedated and saw my mom this afternoon when I woke up. I vaguely remember seeing Kacchan but he never came into the room if I did see him.

I heard a knock on the door and someone enter. Who could it be at this kind of hour. I was going to turn but I was to sore too.

"Hello little one," a raspy male voice finally spoke. I decided not to reply. "Do you speak?"

"Who are you," I responded short.

"I am sorry, I didn't properly introduce myself. My name is Tomura. And yours?"

"If you are here, you saw the news. I'm not answering." I said before slowly turning, biting my lip to mute my groans. I saw the man who was pale with blue hair. He looked like a full blown crack head. I glared at him.

"Very well, Izuku." He said grabbing a chair to sit next to me. I wanted to call the nurse but something about him made me curious.

"Why are you here?" I sighed before looking at the ceiling. Ever since I woke up, I have had no one but nurses, police, and even one news reporter who were kicked out soon after entering.

"I just....I hated how your mind made you feel so worthless. So weak. You wanted to be a hero and everyone told you that you couldn't." He spoke softly looking out my favorite window. Never once made eye contact. "All because you are quirkless, you suddenly don't belong in the world. Or so you feel anyways. You were born a quirkless boy in a quirk filled world."

"Get to the point, cause all it sounds like is you telling me stuff I already know." I glared at him and he raised his hands in peace.

"I wanted to give you that chance to have a place. To be something powerful. Even if you are quirkless. An another option, a second path."

"What's the catch," I rolled my eyes. To perfect. That's what it sounds like.

"You would have to ditch your current life. Family, friends, everyone. Disappear." He leaned back into the chair.

"A reset?"

"Exactly. A reset. Just like the world after a rainstorm." He smiled at me. I looked at him feeling for the first time. Excitement. Or hope.

"...I." I thought, not sure what to say. I mean he is a complete stranger.

"You don't have to answer now, but I need to know by the end of tomorrow." he sighed before getting up.