Chapter 11

| Deku's POV |

I waited around the corner for Kacchan to come out. I've always been straight to the point but this game is kind of exciting. I could feel my blood boil with need to have his blood on my hands. Finally the door opened as his head peaked out. He walked out before running towards the front door. Lightning flashed around me while I go from one side of the hall to the other blocking him from the door in a second.

"You are not very good at hiding." I sneered. He glared at me, unsure what to say so I continued.

"What I am going to do to you, it'll just be a little appetizer." I grabbed two knives for each hand out of holsters on my thighs and stared at him with excitement coursing through my body. I grinned coldly.

We stared at each other neither of us moving. Him glaring at me and me smirking at him but my smirked fell when his expression randomly softened into one of mixed emotions, not one being anger. I let my arms fall to my side as I tilted my head at him, confusion written all over my face.

"I'm sorry. Everything was my fault. What happened to you, how you felt, where you are now, everything." He said genuinely.

I stared at him, my heart beat speeding up. What kind of game does he think this is. I shook my head and squinted my eyes praying this was a dream. I opened them and he was still there looking at me with guilt written on his face.

"You don't just get to say sorry!" I plastered a glare onto my face. "It doesn't work like that!"

"Yeah I know, can I show you something?" He said sighing. I didn't trust him but he held his hands up in a nonviolent way showing he means now harm. I twirled my knives and slipped them into their place before nodding.

"I don't trust you, and I will kill you if you try anything." I glared. He shrugged before turning around and walking off. I grumbled to myself before putting my hands in my pockets and following closely behind him.

After 10 minutes of climbing stairs we arrived at the top of a tall random building on the edge of the city.

"What's this?" I asked, cautiously. Subconsciously, my hands went for my knives ready to attack.

"Wanted to show you something that's in your life permanently." He said as he went to sit at the edge of the building. He dangled his feet over and looked at the stars. I sat down beside him in silence and stared at the stars too.

"You heard the conversation this morning then?" I asked. He looked at me and nodded.

"After the incident, I put the full blame onto you saying it was your choice but I think I always knew it was my fault." He mumbled to himself.

"I don't regret the life I live now. Infact I love it and look forward to every new day." I replied nonchalantly as I laid down and put my arms behind my head.

"You still are a psycho." he replied as he copied me. I continued to look at the stars saying nothing.

"When I run across the building roofs, the air rushes through my hair, hitting my skin like needles. And when I stand on the edge of a building staring at the city, the city lights bouncing off of the night sky. It's like I'm the only person who exists. Not having to listen to anyone and I don't have to worry about pleasing anyone. It's like something I can finally hold onto and control." I finally said. I heard him hum.