Chapter 32

| Deku's POV |

I walked into my room at my broken down building to gather the few belongings I was able to keep track of throughout the years. The room looked like no one has been in this room in years, with the broken chunks of concrete that I had pushed into the corners a year ago. The thick mixture of leaves, broken glass, and dirt that I swept into the four corners, had been blown unevenly across the room by the wind through the broken windows.

All Might walked not far behind me. He was put on babysitting duty to make sure I didn't make a break for it. Even if I did try, I don't have my quirks thanks to the quirk blocking handcuffs so I wouldn't exactly get very far.

"You lived here?" He asked, drawing my eyes from the dirty room to him. He was looking around, all bug eyed. As if he was trying to wrap his head around the thought.

"What were you expecting? A nice fancy 5 star hotel?" I rolled my eyes. "Yeah right."

"Don't give me attitude, young Midoriya." I heard him sigh.

I stopped walking and looked over my shoulder slowly. As soon as our eyes made contact, I saw him cough nervously.

"People who earn my respect will get it, but you haven't earned it. You are just allowed to be here because I don't want to waste my time arguing with someone who is blind and ignorant." I said in a low voice. "Actually, you aren't even close to earning my respect, Mr. I-Save-Everyone."

"I know how you feel about heroes but-" he started to say but I cut him off.

"No you don't. You didn't save the one boy who was crying for help louder then anyone else. Now that boy is your worst nightmare." I said, coldly. I could see right through him and his heroic mask. "I'm just a daily reminder of your failure to save a innocent boy. So you want to fix it, right?"

"Sure you are a villain who could be considered on of the most dangerous, but you are also just a child." He protested.

"Well this child saved himself and doesn't want your help." I scoffed, before turning to go grab my stuff.

I slipped my hands in my pockets as I walked to the pile of stuff. I crouched down, with one knee down onto the dusty ground and one to my chest. I grabbed the old backpack I had stolen from a store a couple years ago.  I slipped in my knives, wet stone, my deodorant, and my very very few pieces of clothing. I stared at the blanket that Todoroki had given me. I grumbled to myself before grabbing it as well and threw it over my shoulder. The last items I had were the few photos I still had from my room with the LOV. They were of the league and many of me and young Kacchan.

"Even as children, you had me wrapped around your finger and didn't even know it." I mumbled staring at a photo of me hugging Kacchan with the widest smile.

It was before I found out I was quirkless and when I still admired heroes, determined to be just like them. Saving people with a big smile on my face. My skin wasn't scarred and torn from years of survival, my eyes still had that naive glow and my hands weren't covered in people's blood. I scoffed at myself, realizing that I was being sappy and pathetic again. I quickly grabbed the old lighter from my bag and set the photos on fire before zipping up my bag. I stood up without another thought, leaving the old photographed memories behind me as they burned to ash. 

"Let's go." I grumbled to the taller hero, walking in front of him. He hesistantly followed, eyeing the mini fire in the middle of the room.

We drove back to the UA campus in complete silence. I had my elbow propped up on my door with my palm holding my face up.

I watched as the sun started to set in the distance, with citizens going in and out of stores. Children and couples going out to dinner, there were smiles and laughter plastered everywhere. They lived simple and peaceful lives, not knowing innocent people who were just like them were forced into the violent loneliness. Going through challenges and pain they couldn't even wrap their simple minded heads around. No family, no friends, no hope. They were ignorant.