Chapter 26

| No POV |
For some reason this part of the story is easier to write in 3rd Person

"We thought you were killed." Mina gasped, covering her mouth with her hand.

Deku chuckled and rolled his eyes, "Yeah, I've heard the rumors. I go off the radar for awhile and immediately people assume I'm dead. Typical."

"We just walked into the base of a deadly villain....alone." Denki said shocked, trying to wrap his head around the fact.

"I don't bite outside the bedroom, I promise." Deku teased, leaning forward, throwing one of his arm over one of his knees.

"So how long have you had contact with Bakugo?" Kirishima said folding his arms.

"Hm...about a year now?" Deku said placing his finger on his chin. He chuckled and rolled his eyes, "The stubborn idiot came and looked for me."

Sero slapped Kirishima's back, "That does sound like Bakugo. He never thought Midoriya was dead until a year ago when he suddenly said he gave up hope and none of us knew why."

"The answer to all your questions is sitting right here." Deku threw up a goofy peace sign.

"How did he find you?" Mina asked, interested in Deku's unusual behavior.

"He found me by sheer luck. I tried to stay away but every time I moved locations, he never left my trail." Deku sighed, shaking in head in amusement.

"Still want to help us?" Todoroki asked, bringing everyone back on task.

"How do you know that we even trust him?" Kirishima grumbled.

"I don't." Todoroki said bluntly.

"Hm, what if I was the one who took him." Deku challenged, his smirk never leaving his face.

"But you didn't, did you. In fact, I'm sure you know who took him." Mina spoke up.

"You could say that I knew them on a personal level." Deku shrugged. Even if it was just a second, Todoroki didn't miss the pain and fear flash in Deku's eyes when he said that.

"You are really worried about him, aren't you." Todoroki said, running a hand through his hair.

Deku just looked down, glaring at the ground. He leaned his head back against the wall and sighed. He gently nodded as ran his hand through his hair.

"Look, I don't care if you report me to the police afterwards but I need to get Kacchan back first." Deku whispered, looking back at them with a new determination glowing in his eyes.

Kirishima sighed, looking at his friends. When Bakugo wasn't around, Kirishima always took up the role of leader. When everyone nodded, Kirishima knew, he needed to trust his friends. If they trusted him, Kirishima would too.

"Then we better work faster then the heroes if you plan to stay off the radar." Kirishima smiled, holding out his hand to Deku. Deku smiled softly before taking it and letting Kirishima pull him up.

"Let's get back Kacchan." Deku nodded before they shook hands.

| Kacchan's POV |