Chapter 20

I wanted to quickly clear some stuff up before I go on with the chapter. Midoriya killed himself in his "dream world" so he woke up without memories of who he is. He does remember stuff like talking, quirks, etc because that's programmed into his brain. I hope this clears some stuff up. - Jeff-Chan (I am a girl <3)

| Kacchan's POV |

"He's awake?" I ran up to Aizawa, hoping for some good news. He opened his mouth but I cut him off, "Deku!"

"He doesn't remember anything, Bakugo." Aizawa glared at me for interrupting him.

"What do you fucking mean nothing?" I said taking a step back. "Can I at least fucking see him?"

"I don't think that would be advise, he is really nervous and confused. We wouldn't want to stress him out." The nurse explained for Aizawa.

I sighed before walking to the window and saw Deku just sitting there looking lost and empty. He still had his eye bags, pale skin, and scars but his face showed someone else entirely. He pulled his knees to his chest before burying his head into his knees.

"How the fuck did this happen. He didn't hit his head." I asked not looking away from the crying boy.

"The monitors spiked right before he woke up so it's very possible that something happened in his coma resulting in his memory loss."

"What's the plan now?" Aizawa asked Nezu who stood behind me.

"We haven't discussed it yet. If he doesn't remember anything, doesn't mean he didn't do his crimes but we may be able to find an alternative path for him." Nezu answered.

I sighed, drowning out the sound around me watching Deku slowly fall apart on the bed.

"Sir it's 11pm, you should go home and get some rest." A nurse came up to me. I shook my head.

"I'm not leaving Deku." I answered glaring, clenching my fists on the chair arms. The nurse sighed.

"Sir you need to take care of your health too." He tried to reason with me.

I set off a small explosion not breaking eye contact with the nurse. He pinched his nose before walking off. I sighed leaning forward, resting my head in the palms of my hands. I heard a click and saw the door to Deku's room open slowly.

"Deku?" I asked, standing up quickly. He flinched.

"Who's Deku?" He asked in a whisper, gripping into the side of the door. He hid half of his body behind the door so all I saw was his hands and head.

"You really don't remember anything." I said, disappointment lacing my voice. He looked at me guilty.

"I d-don't want any p-problems. I just wanted s-some water." He whispered. I sighed before nudging my head to follow me.

"Hey! Nurse!" I yelled before getting shushed by everyone. "Deku needs some water."

"Who?" She asked, confusion written on her face.

"Izuku Midoriya." I rephrased. She nodded, getting up to grab some water.

He stood a few feet behind me playing with his fingers. His entire aura has changed. He looks insecure, weak, and scared. It's like he became the Deku I grew up with again. The nurse behind me cleared her throat before handing me the water. I nodded before walking up to Deku and handing it to him.