CHAPTER 6✓

PAULA'S POV:

I woke up to my alarm ring as  I slowly got up before going out for some work out  . After an hour I got back home to freshen up then bath Damien . Then dress him for school as I also wore my black pencil with a cotton pink long selves Shirt and my black heel . I applied lip gross and a little mascara well that's all I needed for make up because I am natural beautiful with a smooth face . I nodded  approving my appearance in the mirror. I grabbed my cotton bag with my documents inside  before heading out .

I dropped Damien at school then went towards Starbucks for coffee since it was near the "COSTELLO FOUNDATION" and  I had about an hour before the job interview.  After a minute of walking I entered Starbucks heading straight to counter.

"Hi good morning want can I get you???" I guy with blonde hair said smiling at me showing his dimples.

"Latte" I said bluntly without returning  the smile heading to an empty table   . As I check some pictures on Instagram waiting for my number to be said.

"23" a voice said making me getting up to grab my coffee . When I got to the counter the same blonde dude smiled giving me the coffee and tissue trying to make skin contact with but I glared at him walking away to my table. I took a sip of the hot coffee making me moan at the taste. I grabbed the tissue to wipe my mouth but stop when I saw a phone number with the name Dylan on it. Instantly I knew it was that dude with the blond hair. I dropped the tissue on the table  without using it  as I drank the coffee then checking pictures on Instagram .

" Umm..hi do you mind if I take this sit???" A voice said with a French accent  as I rised my head up to a man pointing at the chair in front of me smiling.
"You can sit" I replied going back to what I was doing on my phone.

"Thanks Belle " he said winking but I just ignored him.
"Am... Nathan" he said smiling.

I quickly got up grabbing my bag before walking away ignoring him as he watched me confused and shock.
I walked towards the "COSTELLO'S FOUNDATION" feeling full of confidence .  The building was big and tall  made with glass . looking at it I did say there were about fifty floors. I walk inside show my id to the security man before entering to the reception.

"Hello " I said getting the attention of the receptionist looking like a slut.

"Hello to you what brings yo_"she say looking at me but I cut her off.
"Here for an interview as a personal assistant"

"Take the elevator to floor sixty from  there secretary will lead you to the waiting room." She said looking back at the computer.
I quickly entered the elevator as it was about to close a male leg stopped it from closing before he fully entered.
"....Hello"  the man said smiling at me.

I just nodded without watching him as I fix my attention in front of me.
"...you new here????' he said nervously rubbing his neck.
"An interview" I said bluntly .

" Oh.... well good luck hope you get....OMG mind my manners am  Andrew" he said smiling.
"And..... you are ???he said nervously.

I stood quietly , doesn't this guy get it when someone doesn't want to made a conversation with him.

"Ummm...is there by any chance I could get you numb_"he was saying but  I cut him off with a  fake cough trying to give him the message  that elevator doors were open at his floor . He smiled rubbing his neck as he walked out glancing at me one more time before out slowly as if I was gonna to stop him and give him my number. Within a minute I had reached floor sixty. I walked out going straight to the secretary .
"Hello"I said.

"Hello "

"Am here for the  interview "

May I have your Id?

I removed my id from my purses give it to her as she quickly typed something on her computer before handing it to me getting up.

"Oh.. right this way please follow me"
She lead me to a waiting room.

"You name will be called through the speaker after that  you enter the office with  "Mrs Williams" on it." She said smiling as she pointed to a door before walking away. I sat in the room with about nine ladies and two males . Most of the girls were dressed in tight clothes with a caked makeup face looking like China doll for display the boobs popping out of their shirts whiles skirt displayed their thighs . Who were here to seduce someone but what made things more funny were one of the guys there. He was dressed in an extremely tight trousers like gosh how was the dude able to walk in that????..he shirt was tight with three buttons opened he held his hair in a bun . Whiles he sat down crossing his legs it was obvious the dude was gay. Soon a girl stormed out of the office  walking  away harshly breaking me away from my thoughts.  Ten later about five ladies had each gone and came out a  sadly but  I wasn't going to loose hope. Few minutes late my name was mentioned making me get up as I straightened my pencil skirt. As I walked to the office knocked on the door.

" You may came in " a feminine voice said as I entered closing the behind.

"Hello please have a sit"

I walked towards the chair making myself comfortable. To be honest I was surprised to see a woman as the boss because most of the women who came were all dress like they gonna to seduce someone.

"Please introduce yourself miss Leighton" she said smiling in friendly tone.

"Am Leighton Paula , twenty-two year of age graduated from Princeton University few months  a year ago and I am currently working a night shift at an Italian restaurant" I said in a serious bold and confident tone .

May I have your CV or transcript??

I quickly removed it from my bag giving it to her , I wasn't nervous cause I always made good grades and graduated with a first class degree in business account.
After checking it for a few minutes nodding in approval she finally spoke.

"If you have other job why apply for another job  ?? Or is the pay at the restaurant?? She asked confused.

"No " I said bluntly look at her but she still looked confused.

"It's confidential"I said .

"Miss Leighton I hope you know to be an assistant for Mr Costello is that easy beside you need to be available twenty-four seven "
Oh so that explains she is not actually the main boss I thought to myself.

"I Know but I need this job is urgent madam" I said calmly and boldly.

"Why???"

"Like I said it's confidential "

"Miss Leighton in order to employ you we would have to know??"

"My mom is diagnosed with cancer and is at her fourth stage and I need money for her treatment and a five old son to take care of" I said bluntly trying to avoid myself from breaking down in front of her.

"Oh am extremely sorry" she said as she gasped.

____________________________________________________________________

HELLO GUYS !! HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER.
PLS FEEL FREE TO COMMENT.
PLEASE ME AT  @kaytylamarshall

THANKS FOR READING AM SO GRATEFUL.
PLEASE VOTES BEFORE GOING TO THE NEXT .🤗🤗🤗