04 | THE DEVIL AMONG US

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑.

+

two weeks have passed, since you've first got into a dream college of yours. two weeks of classes added along with two weeks of meeting new friends. also, two exhausting weeks of having to deal with a guy, so-called jungkook who is a total jerk.

you were on your way to the cafeteria holding your textbook between your arms. suddenly your phone started ringing — you picked up, "hello?" you said.

"hey, where you at?"

"i'm on my way to the cafeteria now." you respond like you usually would ever since taehyung invited you to sit at his and his friends table for lunch. "sit with us at lunch again." he offers. "i don't wanna.." you complained. "yerin, and those girls, are gonna send glares at me again." you felt uneasiness build up inside of you again.

the second day during lunch, taehyung invited you
to sit with them for the first time. you met a few of his close friends, however didn't expect to see that pair who you despise, both jungkook and yerin, at their table.

as time passed yerin kept sending deadly glares to your direction. you ignored her. however it wasn't only yerin, but a majority of the girls, inside of the cafeteria. taehyung explains how most of the girls, were just jealous — it sounded completely absurd, and overly conceited but you shrugged it off.

"you just need to ignore them, babe." he laughs but continued to speak.

"when you are with us, they won't do anything." he added, you cringed at his words, "taehyung, do not call me that again." you responded, seriously. "you know, that i don't like being called that.." however, his nicknames for you seemed cute. they made you feel some sort of weird feeling.

"too bad, i can call you whatever i want." taehyung responded, with a chuckle escaping his lips. "jokes aside, hurry up!" he said before you ended the call.

as you enter the cafeteria you make your way to the table taehyung and the boys are seated at the other day — as you were a few tables away from the guys, you suddenly stopped in your tracks. you raised an eyebrow seeing yerin standing right in front of you.

"what do you want?" you spoke up. "go sit at some other table." yerin demands.

"no, taehyung invited me." you responded, as yerin placed her hands on her hips. "you aren't welcome, y/n.." she responds. "i hope you'll soon understand that the guys only invited you out of pity."

"what?" you asked unconvinced by her statement. you knew yerin is just trying to reach, under your skin so you didn't believe her — but the more that she spoke and provoked you the more annoyance grew inside of you.

she scoffs, "do you really think you out of all girls, seems important to them? you are probably just a pushover. they always were. there's no doubt that you aren't either."

"taehyung wouldn't do that." you defend yourself as a smirk forms on her face. "oh really? well, it makes sense for you to think that.. but remember, that i've known the boys for years. yet you're only seeing the nice side of them." she finished.

"so fuck off, and leave us alone."

you chuckled, at yerins' absurdity. "what a fucking joke." you curse, under your breath. but she heard.

yerin was taken aback by your reply, "what did you say?" she raises her voice drawing attention from a few people including the guys. "you heard me, now get out of the damn way." attempting to make your way past her, she suddenly pulls your hair, making you stumble back.

"argh!" you groaned out, due to the hair pull. your mind went completely blank when water is poured on you, making you, and your clothes drenched. in
an instant, laughter had suddenly irrupted coming from everybody in the cafeteria. you adverted your gaze towards the table, where the boys were seated seeing nothing but shock or pity displayed on their face — you glanced at jungkook seeing serious and coldness in his expression.

"y/n!" you hear taehyung call out but before he can reach you, you quickly ran out of the cafeteria, with water dripping from your clothes.

you felt embarrassed and humiliated. you so badly wanted to fight back, but there was one thing, that was stopping you from doing so. your pride. along with that it is only your second week in the school. you couldn't afford to get into trouble.

you ran down the dead hallways, then accidentally bumped into a few people who walked past. you're embarrassed. many people witness the scenes and you didn't want to show your face out to the public.

you felt tears form in the corners, of your eyes. the  feeling of embarrassment wash over you. you kept running non-stop across all campus, only to make
it back to your shared dormitory.

once you made it into the dormitory, you slam the door shut, locking it afterwards. you dropped your belongings onto the floor and you sat down on the edge of your bed. you felt your held in tears slowly stream down your cheeks, flashbacks from not too long ago roaming through your mind, as if you let your mind mock you.

"y/n!" you heard a loud knock against your door, which startled you, after expecting nobody to run after you.

it was taehyung.

"hey, you okay? open the door!" he shouted. "just.. leave." you responded. but as much as you wanted taehyung to come in, and to be the one to comfort you yerins words flashed right through your mind.

'the guys only invited you out of pity.'

you hear taehyung sigh on the opposite side of the door. "fine.. but text me, if you need anything." he responded, with sympathy filling his tone of voice, before you hear his steps fade away.