47 | HIS REASSURANCE

"who's that?"

you tugged on jungkook's shirt, stopping in your steps as he did as well. his gaze shifted from you, to the man standing in front of your dormitory.

jungkook didn't answer, but instead grasps your wrist, pulling you behind his figure in a protective way. his steps fastened, as the two of you see the strange silhouette turn around, facing you both.

"there you are,"

the deep voice spoke. you recognized that voice, it was like you heard it recently but you didn't know who's voice that belong to.

the man walked towards the two of you, "what do you want," jungkook asked, but his tone sounding more like a demand.

you started to become scared, but all of the frightfulness disappeared when the dim light in the hall way flashes over his figure, revealing who the unknown man is.

it was the security guard.

"sneaking out again, right jeon?" he questions, with disappointment filling his voice.

he acted like this was normal.

jungkook scoffed, "damn it, dohyuk, you scared the shit out of me." jungkook cursed. you felt the heavy weight lift up from your shoulders — you were so relieved.

the security guards gaze shifted towards you, "jeon, you aren't supposed to bring girls here." he said. "what'd i tell you last time?" he questioned, as your eyes widened at his added statement.

"dohyuk, this is my girlfriend, and roommate."

your boyfriend informs. he scoffed afterwards, "and please don't bring up past things, they were just one nightstands." he explained, as the older raised his hands up in a surrendering way, giving in.

something about this topic made you feel uneasy again. you never liked approaching subjects that have to do with jungkook's past hookups.

you sighed, and jungkook noticed.

"listen, we won't cause anymore trouble, okay?" he asked as the security guard gave a unconvinced look towards jungkook's direction.

"yeah, yeah, have fun you two."

the security guard let you both off, not bothering to deal with the situation any longer. "you're lucky we are chill, otherwise you'd get in trouble, jeon." the man said, as he proceeds to walk down the dimmed hallway towards the exit.

"yup, won't happen again. thanks, dohyuk!" finally, once the security guard left, both you and jungkook walked towards your dorm room.

you pulled out your keys and unlocked the door, holding it opened for jungkook to enter behind you. he noticed your change of mood, but didn't bother to question it. he thought that he was overthinking.

you take a seat on the edge of your bed, setting the plastic bag over your bed as well.

but you didn't bother to take a look at the snacks. instead, you went on your phone, scrolling through your social media as jungkook changed into his sleeping attire.