49 | TAEHYUNG'S DECISION

[ FLASHBACK ]

+ 𝐓𝐀𝐄𝐇𝐘𝐔𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕 .

"the decision is all yours."

my breath hitched at the coldness of her voice. she was evil, yet i didn't know what to say.

or what to even think.

it made me wonder what happened to yerin. sure, she used me to get closer to jungkook but what if i never found out to begin with? she was a complete angel, but now with what she's doing, she's turned into the complete opposite. as if she's a devil.

or even a fallen angel.

i stared deep into her orbs, contemplating if i will give in to this idea.

a part of me told me not to, but the other half was tempted to give in. all i wanted was happiness. i was desperate to be happy, but also confused.

would i really steep this low for happiness? i didn't know what choice to come to. but i felt... desperate.

my gaze was fixated to the ground, as my mind was focused on what decision to come to. this should've been a quick deny, but my desperateness took over.

"i'll give you to the count of three."

my gaze shifted up towards yerin, where the devils face appeared. i was scared. i didn't know what to do or how to stop myself. i felt like it wasn't me who is controlling myself, but something bad inside of me.

"one..."

don't do it.

"two..."

taehyung, don't do it.

"three."

i know what i committed to was bad. but recalling yerin's words, i had to be a little selfish.

+ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓 .

"take mine, i just refilled and i'll get jungkook one too." i offered y/n, handing the cup to her in which she took from my hands. she smiled, eyes slightly squinting.

i faked a smile in return, and turned on my heel to approach the other side of the island.

my smile dropped, as i confronted jaehyun behind them.

i had to be sneaky with my movements. one wrong mess up and i'd be screwed. jaehyun was watching over me as if he was a guard.

i turned my back against everyone else as jaehyun stood close beside me, watching me pour the soda into two red plastic cups.

he slowly reaches his closed fist towards me, giving me a small transparent plastic bag. it was filled with a white powdered substance. my breath hitched as i carefully retrieved the power from his hands.

jaehyun moved aside a little, making sure no one was able to see what i was doing.

he also kept guard on me, making sure i'd pour the powder into the drink. i opened the plastic bag in a quick motion and pour a little bit of the substance into his drink. the white powder dissolved as i grab an extra spoon and stir the powder in completely.

my hands trembled.

was i really going to drug my childhood friend? my best friend who is like a brother to me?

i was cut out of my train of thoughts. i felt jaehyun nudge my shoulder, as i glared at him, stopping in my movements.

"focus."