48 | WHERE IT TAKES PLACE

+ 𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 .

"hi tae," you greeted.

"oh— oh is jungkook there?" he questioned. "yeah, he's in the shower right now, do you want to wait?" you suggested, as he hums.

it was saturday evening. you and jungkook were getting ready for aera's party that is hosted by both, her and taehyung. jungkook is currently showering as you were changing into an outfit for the party.

and that's when taehyung called jungkook. but you instead answered his phone.

"no, don't worry," taehyung insisted. "i just wanted to make sure you two are still coming." he added, as you chuckled. "you have asked us that a thousand times already, taehyung." you exaggerated.

"i know, i know," he repeated.

"i just really need you guys to go." he implied, with a nervous chuckle following afterwards. you hummed, "is everything okay?" you questioned him, feeling somewhat uneasy about his statement. "taehyung, you know you could tell me anything, right?"

he scoffed, "of course, of course," he denied. "it's nothing, i rarely host parties so i guess i'm kinda nervous about this." he trailed off, but you weren't convinced. however, you didn't question it further.

"anyways, i'll see you tonight."

with those last words, taehyung hung up before you were able to respond.

you found it strange, but maybe taehyung really was nervous about the party. but then again, hasn't he been to a numerous amount of parties with all the guys already? this definitely isn't a new experience for him.

you pulled jungkook's phone away from your ear, and stared at the screen confused.

"who was that?"

you turned around only to see jungkook exiting the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist as he held a smaller towel in his hands, as he dried his damp hair.

"taehyung." you responded, extending your arm out for jungkook to retrieve his phone. jungkook walks towards you and takes his phone out of your hands in a gentle way, staring down at taehyung's contact.

"how come? what'd he say?" he asks. you shrugged as jungkook's gaze shifts towards you.

"don't know," you said, scratching the nape of your neck, completely clueless. "he asked if we're going to the party and i joked, saying that he asked us that a lot of times already."

jungkook nodded along, waiting for you to go on.

"which he has." he replied, and you nod, agreeing.

"he said he was just nervous and wants us to come, because he barely hosts parties." you explained, shrugging it off.

"wait," jungkook paused. "is he already drunk?" he chuckled, "that guy hosts parties all the time, especially last year. parties aren't anything new to him." jungkook let out, as he approached the closet.

"wait, really?"

instead of answering your question, jungkook hums as he searches his closet. "what should i wear?" he asked, as you brushed away the taehyung topic and stood up from jungkook's bed, approaching him.