42 | THE PAST

i felt uneasiness hit me as to why she suddenly wants to meet up. i've known her for years, ever since my second year in high school. in fact, i met her through jungkook because they were childhood friends.

ever since i first laid eyes on aera i felt my heart stop. after a year of getting to know her i soon realized i was developing feelings towards her. i wanted to tell her the way i felt, and was planning to sooner.

however, i was too late. jungkook seemed to be ahead of me and started to date her before i got the chance to confess the way i felt.

the two used to go out with each other, but ended their relationship after a year because her parents found out she was dating jungkook.

junior year.

the year when everything fell apart between them.

aera has strict parents and her parents didn't like how she dated jungkook.

when she refused to break up with him, they forced her to move overseas where they finally broke things off. jungkook was torn, and so was i. ever since she left, i felt more broken than jungkook was.

but i had to bottle up my feelings. i didn't want my best friend knowing i liked his girlfriend.

so i laid off.

during the time aera was gone i managed to get rid of my feelings towards her.

and after a year, she came back. however jungkook was completely over her. that's why he is the way he is with girls.

a total fuckboy.

he was torn that she left him with a letter, moving to canada to finish school. that was the plan by her parents but she managed to stay there for a year and come back as soon as she possibly could.

when she came back, jungkook had so much hatred towards aera. i pitied her. it wasn't her idea for moving abroad, and it was all of her parents' fault. when i tried being there for her she pushed me away. so i gave up on her for the second time.

after a few months of adjusting, they remained good friends. jungkook eventually forgave her, which surprised me.

because who stays close friends with their exes?

i stayed silent about how i felt towards aera. but what saddened me, was that i knew through the friendship they shared, i felt like aera was always trying to get him back. she didn't say it directly, but i knew she was. it was so obvious.

so i kept to myself.

because of all that, yerin suddenly approached me for the first time.

the popular girl who's known for being filthy rich and deceives people.

i should've known she was fake since the beginning but i completely ignored that about yerin.

she noticed how upset i was and i talked to her and told her how i felt with everything going on. she was comforting. the comfort that i needed at the time.

we became friends and i introduced her to jungkook and the guys. i slowly felt myself falling for yerin just like i did with aera. yerin was an angel. she was the most pure and innocent girl i've ever met.

i've always neglected the nasty rumours spread about her and was blinded by my feelings.

when i finally gathered the courage to confess the way i felt, i went to her house and walked in on her and jungkook having sex.

that's what got me heated. it wasn't fair. throughout his childhood, jungkook always got what he wanted. he got any girl he desired in the snap of his finger. i would be lying if i said i was never jealous of him.

i was jealous. so fucking envious of him.

the next day after what i witnessed, i pulled her at the back of the school and talked to her. i told her how i felt.

but yerin pushed me away.

that was when i realized that yerin was a devil in disguise. she used me to get closer to jungkook. this whole time, she was obsessed with him. they dated for a few years until we hit our first year in college.

i tried warning jungkook, but he didn't listen.

but i told the guys, and thankfully noticed yerin's act. that's why we were all bitter about her.

things between them fell apart and instead of loving one another, they used each other for pleasure.

it was a waste of time.

making my way through the crowds of people, i see a familiar figure not too far away from me.

i don't bother to look and see exactly who it is, until the figure clumsily bumps into me with a groan. i see y/n, and grabbed her arms to keep her from falling.

"sorry," i said and walked past her.

i heard y/n mumble another word, but i ignore and continue to make my way to the front where aera awaits.

i sighed, scrolling through my phone having to wait about an extra five minutes.

i rushed for nothing.

suddenly i see a familiar car drive towards me. the car window rolls down, revealing aera.

"get in, hurry."

without another word, i opened the passenger door and took a seat as she drove immediately. "what's the rush?" i questioned, as she drove out of the loop.

"i got a call,"

i scoffed, "you forced me to run through the school looking like a complete idiot because got received a call?" i asked in disbelief.

she hits my thigh, "shut up, at least let me finish." i shift my gaze out the window, as she spoke.

"it wasn't just any call. yerin called me."