44 | GREED

i scoffed, taking a step back and spared a glance at aera who stood across from me to my right, utterly confused.

"if you want jungkook, just take him. i doubt you'll get him though." i proceeded as she bites down on her lower lip, looking st the floor.

"you see," her gaze shifts back to me, creating eye contact.

"the reason why i had aera involved was to take advantage of you two. for you guys to get jungkook back, for me."

is this girl being serious? she's going to use us to get someone who literally hates her, back? every word that came out of yerin's mouth made me more mad. this girl couldn't get any more selfish than she already is. how could she call herself and human?

"you're sick!" i spat, "threatening aera with her nudes? have you gone insane?!"

yerin stared at me, and chuckled.

"perhaps i have, but just remember that i'm the one who had jungkook first. not that little whore you imbeciles call your friend."

as she sat back down on the edge of her bed. she crossed her legs, as she grabbed onto her designer purse rummaging inside it, looking for something.

she pulls out a huge loan, tilting it from side to side thinking that money would convince us.

"so, are you in?"

i shook my head, "i don't want your filthy money, yerin. lay off already, i'm not helping you."

with that, i turned to aera and gestured her with my head, to follow me. we headed towards the door to leave yerin and her psycho partner.

i didn't hear the plan, and i don't plan to. i wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. yerin's offer of money meant nothing to me. growing up as a brat, she probably thought money would convince me to turn against my friends.

but little did she know, she was wrong.

so fucking wrong.

"if money isn't what you want, what about love?"

i froze in my movements, and turned towards yerin. utterly confused, i stayed silent waiting for her to continue with whatever bullshit she had to bribe me with.

but instead of explaining what she meant about the topic of love, i see as she made a gesture to jaehyun.

"do it."

at her signal, jaehyun grabs onto aera's wrists with one hand and pulled her towards him, pushing her against the wall with force.

"aera!" i shouted, about to approach her but yerin stopped me.

i was about to push yerin out of my way and go against her words, until she gave another signal to jaehyun. i watched as he pinned both of her wrists over her head against the wall, and pulled out a pocket knife pressing it against the skin of her neck.

aera gasped, as i froze.

"aera's life is on the line, disobey me and i'll get her throat slit. or before that, i'll have jaehyun pleasure himself with her beforehand." she smirks.

aera looked at me, tears gathering in her eyes as i stood there silent. my heart was beating at an amazingly fast speed, as if it was going to pop out of my chest any moment now — my breath hitched.

i didn't know what to say, and that caused jaehyun to push the pocketknife harder against her skin. aera wince in pain, as blood slowly trickled down her neck, onto her collarbone.