two.

Her first class was Biology, as she followed the schedule to her classroom. It was difficult trying to find her way around, so she had to ask a few people for directions. And with a stroke of luck, she arrived just in time. The lab filled with students with their books and backpacks, muttering quietly as not to annoy the moody teacher at the front of the classroom. She saw a spare seat between two boys, taking it quickly.

As the teacher drearily rambled on, Elizabeth fiddled with the corners of her schedule, crumpling the pages. She heard a hum, and the boy to her left had turned to look at her. "De dónde eres?"

She scoffed, but giggled at his wizardry. "Bold of you to assume I'm Spanish." He chuckled back, placing his finger underneath the surname printed on her schedule. "Oh, right. Actually I'm from Spain, my dad was born there. I was actually born in New York."

"Qué hermosa ciudad." He mumbled. "Tony." He held his hand out, Elizabeth shaking it firmly. As she spoke her name back to him, she heard a grumble from the boy to her right.

"What does that mean?" The boy to her right asked, his brows furrowed. He was tapping his pen on the desk, his knee bouncing vigorously. She noticed all of these things, stopping herself from being more creepy than she seemed in her head.

"It means 'what a beautiful city'." Elizabeth responded. "And you seem very anxious, are you okay?" Tony chuckled, muttering something about witchcraft under his breath.

"How did you know that?" He asked.

"I'm a good judge, so why are you anxious?" She questioned him, placing her hands under her chin to listen to him. She expected him to go into detail, but a short answer sufficed.

"I have a date, with a girl, who I like, and I don't know what to do." He spoke quietly, his cheeks and ears turning red.

"Her name is Ani." Tony added, continuing his laughter. "And he's a complete mess over it."

"Like you weren't with Brad?" The boy retorted.

"Reel it in, bicycle boy."

"By the way, I'm Clay."

"Well, Clay." Elizabeth spoke. "How about at lunch I can give you some tips on how to be the coolest for your date?" He paused, as if to think about it.

"I have no idea why I'm accepting help from a stranger, but okay." Tony high fived Elizabeth, Clay rolling his eyes and continuing his vicious leg shaking. The biology lesson hadn't gone fast enough, and before she knew it, it was lunch. She had followed everyone to the cafeteria, looking for some friendly faces. She spotted Zach first, at the table with his friends. As she had gotten closer, she'd recognised the faces from earlier. The creeps who whistled at her.

"Hey, new girl." She heard from opposite the table. "What brings you to Liberty High?" She felt shy around this group, they intimidated her. Like one wrong word and she could be scrutinised in every direction. She managed to keep her cool, and remain confident.

"My dad and I moved from Spain, to New York, to here." She spoke. She didn't want to go into full detail, nobody needed or wanted to sit through that. "I'm Elizabeth." She had no idea how many times she has had to utter the same phrase over and over, greeting her peers politely.

"I'm Bryce, that's Montgomery, Charlie, Alex, Scotty, Zach, and somewhere around here is Justin." Bruce explained, scanning his eyes around the cafeteria. As soon as Bryce extended his finger to point at Justin, he noticed and approached the table. "He's always with his girlfriend."

"Come and say hello to the new girl, Elizabeth." Bryce instructed, clearing a space beside him for Justin to sit.

"Justin."

"I know."