sixtyone.

They'd made it to the weekend, Justin had driven as he didn't want to drink tonight. He wanted to be alert, and watch out for Elizabeth. And anyone else who seemed to be in danger. And you'd think that after finals, seniors would be celebrating and drinking their health away. But Justin didn't need alcohol. Sure, he had the occasional joint with Elizabeth and Zach. But alcohol was no longer a need for him to have fun.

"Ready, J?" Elizabeth asked, grabbing his hand at the door. She could hear the thumping of the music and people cheering from the backyard. They entered through, Justin's hand firmly held onto hers as they pushed passed people to find the drinks table. Zach was seen from a distance, and the couple approached them.

"You're here!" He cheered, a red solo cup clutched by his large hand. It looked miniature. "Drinks are in the kitchen, Justin come with me and say hi to everyone." Zach has separated the two, and as soon as they'd disappeared, Jess clung to her side.

"Hey, Ellie." She chirped. She definitely wasn't tipsy or drunk, which Elizabeth found strange. She didn't really know how to feel. Sure, she was annoyed at Jessica for spreading a rumour around TWICE, and for making her feel like a target, but she was willing to forgive. "Can we talk?"

They arrived at the drinks table, Clay hovering over a shot with Ani. They clinked the small cups together and quickly swallowed the clear liquid. Clay winced at the burn of it, making all three of the girls giggle. Clay returned with a smile, filling another one. This time Jess and Elizabeth joined in. She needed some sort of alcohol in her to tolerate Jessica for at least a minute.

She walked alongside her to the backyard, sitting on the outside furniture together. She could see Justin, eyes wide with a panicked face. She shot him a look to reassure him that everything was fine. And Jess finally began talking. "I'm really sorry. Super sorry for how I treated you. I'm surprised you even want to talk to me after last year." Elizabeth hummed but kept the sarcastic remarks to herself. "Anyway, after my breakup with Alex, I realised I don't need a guy to make me feel happy. I just need to be me. And I have incredible friends, I just want us to be good. I want us to be friends."

"You said that last time, and then the second rumour was spread." Elizabeth mentioned, a cup in her hand full of dark, brown liquid. Whiskey and Cola. "How can I trust you now?"

"I know it's hard to trust me. But back then, I was functioning off of hurt, I'd broken up with Justin and Alex in a year. And I thought you were the cause of that. I don't want Justin anymore, you've made him so much more happier than I have. He had perfect attendance since you've been together. All I did was drag him down with my own issues. But I want to be your friend, Ellie." Jess explained, her hand on her shoulder. Elizabeth sighed, she couldn't believe she was doing this again.

"I forgive you. Please don't let it happen again." She spoke quietly. Jess squealed and brought her into a hug. Elizabeth patted her back gently and smiled, standing up to grab another drink. She was so uncomfortable that she almost inhaled it to take herself out of the situation.

Elizabeth poured an uneven ratio of drink into her cup, hearing a chuckle from behind her. "You forgave her, huh?" Elizabeth turned and saw Zach, clinking her cup with his and nodding.

"She seemed genuine."

"Well, Justin is waiting for us in the living room, we're ready to party." Zach spoke, pulling her into the living room where Justin was laughing and shoving Charlie. "Look who I found." Justin's arm wrapped around her, pulling her in.

"I love you, angel." He whispered. "And tell me when you want to leave, I'm sober and ready when you are." She smiled up at him, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Let's stay for a little longer, and I love you too." She whispered back, sipping on her drink. The alcohol was definitely more prominent that anything else.