sixtythree.

Jess: Be there in 10, I have Ani, Sheri, and Chloe.

See you.

She wasn't even ready. She'd just tied her hair into a bun, raking her closet for a relaxed outfit. Some beige shorts and shirt, and her trusty sneakers. Justin was in the shower, her dad was out with Sofia, who was practically living with them. But Elizabeth didn't mind, Sofia was the kindest woman on earth. She'd always bring home small candies for Justin and Elizabeth, and luckily spoke a lot of Spanish.

Justin, I'm out with the girls. Be home soon.

After sending the message, she left the house with a water bottle in her hand and waited on the porch. A large, black car had rolled up, Jess' cheery face appearing as the window rolled down. She smiled back, and got into the passenger seat, the other three in the backseat. "So, Ellie, what are you going to do to your hair?"

After her conversation with Justin yesterday, she decided on the balayage. "I'm going blonde, only halfway though." As Chloe cheered, Elizabeth felt a smile forming. She hadn't spent much time with just girls recently. With Justin, and Zach, Charlie, Alex, Tony, and Clay, and the rest of the football team, she felt herself slipping away from her female friends. So this was nice, even Jess was being genuinely kind.

"Nails first?" Jess asked to nobody in particular. The four others had agreed, as Jess had parked in the parking space outside the nail salon. There was a small waiting area, where the five of them sat, and spoke quietly. As Elizabeth had a white dress, she chose correlating nails. Nail salons were extremely pungent, the smell of acetone was almost enough to knock you out, which is why Elizabeth was tense the entire time.

As they left, the five of them gawked at their coloured nails. Elizabeth had chosen a white almond nail, the salon lady suggesting glitter or flowers, but Elizabeth wanted a plain and simple nail. The other girls had gotten nail colours that complimented their dresses. And they were on their way to the hair salon. There was something about getting dolled up that was therapeutic to Elizabeth.

"Come on, Ellie. Let's get those blonde ends." Chloe cheered as she linked arms and pulled her along. The hair salon was within walking distance of the nail salon, and Elizabeth was worried.

But she felt brand new. She got her hair trimmed to the middle of her back, and her balayage was more than half of her length. As Jess has dropped her home, Elizabeth had entered the home and heard music blasting loudly from the living room. Her bags in her hand, from buying a few makeup items for prom, she'd entered into the living room to see her dad, Sofia, and Justin all dancing. She almost choked on her giggles at the sight.

"What is happening?" She questioned, seeing Justin turn to her in shock. He approached her, running his fingers through her new hair and smiled.

"Look at you!" He cheered. "You look gorgeous." He pulled her in tightly, rocking them back and forth. "Did you have fun today?" She nodded eagerly and took her bags upstairs, emptying the items onto her vanity. Her legs were aching from walking around all day, her eyes stung on the waterlines. All she wanted was to just lay down, and possibly sleep.

Prom was in a few days, and graduation was coming closer each day.