twentynine.

"Let's get you out of here." She spoke to Monty, who was half asleep on the toilet. She pulled him up and walked with him to the guest bedroom, kicking whatever couple there was in there out. She let him fall into the bed, as it was a queen, she let him get comfortable and left. She found Justin at the top of the stairs, looking for something. "Hey, what you looking for?"

"You." He replied, kissing her temple with his arm draped around her shoulder. "Did you just put Monty to bed?" She nodded, looking up at him with glee. "You never stop proving me wrong." He spoke. Elizabeth led him down to the living room, sitting on the couch with him. His hand were firmly placed on her hips as she sat on his lap, hips swaying to the music.

"For fuck's sake." She mumbled, standing up. "There's a commotion outside." She stood up and ran outside, seeing Charlie and another jock pushing each other. She had learned from the last time she got in the middle of a fight, so she ended up pulling Charlie away. "Come on, Charlie, he's not worth it." Zach has grabbed the other guy, everyone who had formed a crowd now dispersing.

She walked with Charlie into the living room, seeing a small bruise form on his brow bone. She sat him down and lifted his head up, examining the bruise. "Wait here, I'll grab you some ice." She left Charlie on the couch as she entered the kitchen. Gathering ice into a bag, arms had squeezed her sides. "Hey, babe."

"Hey, angel. I've been walking around and waiting for you." He whispered in her ear, closing the freezer door for her. She had marched over to Charlie, placing the ice bag into his hands. Justin began talking with Charlie about what happened, giving Elizabeth the chance to find herself a drink. All of this taking care of people, she didn't have chance to party. Pouring some vodka, Sheri and Jess pulled her into the walkway between the foyer and the backyard, dancing with her.

It was close to 1am, and the party was still very much alive. Elizabeth has stuck right beside Jess and Sheri, still dancing and drinking. Justin occasionally joined them to make out with Elizabeth, leaving to party with the boys. She sat on the bottom stair, leaning her head against the wall. She was extremely drunk now, no mixers, just straight alcohol.

"You doing okay?" She heard, opening her eyes barely to find Justin standing ahead of her with a grin on her face. He sat beside her and placed his arm around her shoulder, her head instinctively resting against him. "You are really drunk, angel."

"And you're really handsome," she slurred, kissing his cheek with her vodka soaked breath. He tilted his head back slightly to relieve himself of the strong alcohol smell and stood up, keeping her in his arms. "I'm so tired, Justin." He nodded and carried her up to her room, placing her in her bed. He had tucked her in, placing a kiss onto her head.

He turned around to leave but couldn't. His feet wouldn't let him. He remembered the first time this happened, and he wasn't letting it happen again. He sat on the edge of the bed, stroking away her loose hairs as she slept. He watched her chest rise and fall, admiring how peaceful and beautiful she was. He walked over to the door, opening it and seeing the party had died down a bit. People were leaving, but he caught Zach at the top of the stairs almost passed out.

"Zach, is Bryce gone?" Justin asked, seeing his eyes open and look up at him, hazed. Zach nodded, pulling himself up from his place on the stairs. "Just send everyone home, just say the party is over." Justin whispered. Zach shoved his thumb up, wobbling down the stairs.

Justin sat beside Elizabeth, feeling the urge to protect her. To make sure nothing was there to get her whilst she slept so soundly. As he heard the music shut off, he had crawled into the soft area of her bay window, surrounded by pillows and blankets. He pulled his shoes off, and his jacket, finally resting.