seventyone.

"Morning, Beth." Sofia chirped as she entered the kitchen. It was close to 11, and she had gotten up to make some coffee. "How's your day been so far?" Elizabeth wasn't listening though. She knew Sofia walked in and was talking to her, but her mind was full. She'd gotten so worried about telling Justin that she forgot about telling her dad and Sofia. "Beth?"

Elizabeth had to snap out of it now, so she quickly turned away from the pan to greet Sofia. "Sorry, I zoned out." She apologised, dragging the spatula underneath the french toast and lifting it into a plate. "I'm just making breakfast, what are your plans?"

"A beach day, and then we are going to a restaurant tonight." She answered. Elizabeth had become vacant again. Beth had approached Elizabeth slowly, waving a hand in her face. "Beth, are you okay?"

"No." She admitted. "Something bad happened and I'm scared to tell Justin, and dad." Sofia sat at the island whilst Elizabeth closed the kitchen door. Her hands were shaking, she was completely terrified as to how Sofia would react.

"You can tell me anything, I'll keep it a secret as long as you want me to." She replied. "You can trust me." After hearing that, Elizabeth felt a lot better.

"I had my birthday party here, and we were all super drunk." She started. "Justin and I slept together." There was a pause, before Sofia began smiling.

"That's all? Sex is a norm-" Sofia began but Elizabeth cut her off.

"I'm pregnant. I missed my period, I ignored it for two weeks." She cried. "This morning, I took a test at my friends house." Elizabeth pulled the stick from her pocket, sliding it over to Sofia. Elizabeth hadn't made eye contact with her once, she was too afraid to. "I'm scared Justin won't want a child, and I don't know how my dad will react."

Sofia reached out and held her hand, a small smile on her face. "Having a baby is a beautiful thing. And you need to figure out if you want the child first. If you do, brilliant. If you don't, I'll take you to the clinic. You know what your dad is like, he's so gentle and sweet. I'm sure he won't be mad or angry, I assume he would be shocked. And I'm speaking as a mother."

"Having a baby at this age will be hard. I'd have to go to college later and it would be all new. Justin would have to decide if he wants to stay home and wait for college, or go to college and see us every holiday." Elizabeth grabbed the two plates of french toast and turned back to Sofia. "I think I just need to talk to him." Sofia nodded, taking the two mugs of coffee upstairs. Elizabeth had sat on her bed, Justin immediately digging into his food.

"What's up?" He asked, a mouthful of french toast. She giggled at him, tearing up once again. His features softened as he gulped down his bite and reached his hand out to wipe away her tear. "Why are you crying, El?"

She couldn't even find the right words. So she just pulled out the stick from her pocket and handed it to him. He stared down at the double line and gulped. "Did you take that this morning?" She nodded and kept her head down. "Wow."

"Is that a good 'wow' or a bad 'wow'?" She questioned.

"Of course, you're the only person I'd ever want a child with." He reasoned. "But we're 18, El. We should be thinking about college and our careers." She had no control of her tears anymore. He didn't want the child. "I just need some time to think." She nodded at his response and got up from the bed, walking over to her closet. She grabbed a bag and started pulling clothes from their hangers, and shoving them into the bag.

"Where are you going?" He asked. "All I said was that I needed to think about it." She had slid her feet into her shoes once again and closed the closet door.

"And I'll give you that time." She responded. "I'm going to a friend's house." That was all she left him with, before she walked out.