sixtytwo.

"So he took you to Rosie's to ask you to prom?" Elizabeth questioned Jess, as they were both stretching for gym class. Another track session. Jess laughed and nodded, grabbing her bottle and following her friend outside.

"Diego is sweet, though. Have you got your dress?" Jess replied, lightly jogging. Elizabeth had an earbud in, the quiet sounds of her playlist playing through. Whilst Jess rambled on about her 'sweet' boyfriend. Diego and Elizabeth rarely spoke. They had the same friend group, when she was around Monty and Charlie, they would just glance at the other and smile.

Elizabeth stopped running and panted, brushing away the hair that was stuck to her forehead with sweat. "Yeah, Ani and I went shopping. I got a white dress, Ani got a royal blue." Jess gawked, and spoke about how her and Diego were hoping to match, she was just finding colours that suited her. She'd also spoken about their plans to get their nails done and their hair done.

After gym, Elizabeth met Justin by the parking lot, as he leant against the door. He looked extremely handsome, the sun creating shadows against his face, his sunglasses perched upon his nose, and his jawline looked awfully prominent as he was chewing gum. She approached him and embraced him, her stresses from the day all melting away as soon as she heard the beat of his heart, and felt his arms around her body.

"I saw you and Jess hanging out earlier, what was that about?" Justin questioned, opening the door for her. She watched as he had opened the door for himself and gotten into the car. "Should I be worried?" She shook her head at his questions, a smile on her face.

"She was talking to me about her and Diego, and his promposal, and how she wants to match him. Also, this weekend, we're getting our nails and hair done." She explained. Justin nodded along with her words, not in the least interested in girl talk, but listened anyway.

"What are you going to do to your hair?" He asked. "Chop it all off, go bright green?" The pair laughed at his silly ideas, passing the home. She shrugged, deciding not to question it. What was she going to do to her hair? It's been a dark brunette colour for her whole life, she didn't dare to change it, she loved the curls that would form whenever she'd get out of the shower.

"I'm not sure, possible make the ends lighter. A blonde balayage, maybe?" Justin 'ooh'ed at the thought, making her roll her eyes. "Where are we going? We passed the house already."

"I'm starving, and I really want duck wraps." He parked the car in the parking lot of the mall. "And we can do some light shopping." He'd left the car and made his way round to the passenger side, opening her door and grabbing her hand as she climbed out. Their hands stayed together as they walked from the parking lot into the mall.

"Light shopping for what?" She questioned. He entered the Chinese restaurant, finding a table to sit at.

"Your birthday, stupid. It's coming up." He retorted, his eyes hovering over the menu. Elizabeth picked up the menu ahead of her, the dark blue leather casing felt nice on her dull fingers. Damn, I really need a manicure, she thought to herself. A waitress approached the two, Justin blurting out his regular order. And Elizabeth struggling to find something to eat. Cursing her fussiness, she chose a few small items and a drink.

"I don't want much for my birthday, I have everything I need." She mentioned. Justin looked up, his features unreadable.

"We get it, I'm a blessing. But I'm getting you a gift whether you like it or not." He replied, kissing her hand. "Now relax, enjoy your meal, and let me treat you." How could she say no to him, and his smile?